Going

CLARKE'S POV:

Bellamy hugs my shoulders and buries his face in the nape of my neck. Monty sees but doesn't comment. He lets go, and I turn and peck him on the lips. His lips are more cracked than normal, how long was it since he drank something? "Be careful." I whisper between kisses.
"You to." He whispers. "I love you."
"I love you to." I kiss his nose. "Promise me you'll stay safe?"
"I promise." He whispers, kissing me one last time. He can barely look away, and I find myself staring at the ladder long after he'd climbed down it.
"You two are gross." Monty laughs from the corner.
"Shut up Monty."

BELLAMY'S POV:

The axe goes whistling right at the flash. Thud. Charlotte shakes as she stares at me, eye wide. "CHARLOTTE!" My heart barely beats. I could've... "I could've KILLED you."
"You didn't" she smiles, "Is Johnnie here?" she stands on tip top, pushing a hand against the tree to peer over the bush.
"No, he's building the wall with Monroe..." her face drops, and her eyebrows sink. "Is that why you're alone in the woods?" my voice cracks, something it hasn't done since puberty. She smirks. "You could've DIED Charlotte."
"But I didn't." She giggles, soft and high. I share a look with Miller. He shakes his head, eyes imploring.
"We can't leave her alone in the woods."
"She's a kid..." He's practically begging me, inky brown swirls turning into an impending storm in his wide eyes.
"We haven't got a choice." I say, and turn back to her. She's slipped under the hedge, and slouches against it, lone eyebrow raised and arms crossed. "You're coming with us. Ever killed something before?" She giggles, smiling, eyes dancing till tears roll, fingers comfortably curling round the blade I hold out.

Charlotte comfortably keep pace with us, and spots tracks we'd never have noticed. Then she screams. I crick my neck looking where she does. Grounders? No. A creeping toxic yellow fog, floating towards us, hiding tall trees from view. I grab her tiny hand, clench it in my fist and sprint towards the ivy covered caves we'd found. Atom begins to howl, some ten metres behind us. I drag Charlotte faster, screaming for Miller and Drew to keep up. As I throw Charlotte into the cave I turn towards the thick yellow fog. My skin tingles but my eyes stare blankly towards where Atom was. A vague image of writhing pain flits through the fog.

 'Flound'ring like a man in fire or lime'.

I duck inside the darkness.

OCTAVIA'S POV:

It's dark. So dark. It's as if it's trying to eat me. I begin to shake, the long nights under the floor shaking my soul. But the ceiling is much to high to be the floor, I squint around. Where am I? Where am I? A little sparkle of yellow glimmers from a far off corner. A pointed sword dipped in glowing yellow is pointed at me. I scream. My lungs are cut of air by something. A pair of eyes slam into mine. They glare and send shivers up my spine. Something is pulled off my mouth. I start to scream again. "Stop." The hoarse voice whispers.
"What are you doing?" my voice shakes to a whisper.
"Saving your life."

The scent of burning flesh chokes me back to unconsciousness.

CLARKE'S POV:

A stampede of feet shatter the silence in the dropship, echoing up the walls. I scramble down the ladder, pushing through a crowd of coughing kids. "Monroe!" I yell, seeing her wiry body at the doors, pushing crying kids inside. "Monroe! What's going on?" I scream over the din. Her eyes snap round the heads of the kids until her wild eyes hit mine. Tear glisten, and her hand clinging to the curtain is slowly burning red. "There's this yellow choking fog outside. I sent everyone in. It's burning." Tears begin to glisten in her soft green eyes but she blinks them away hurriedly. "Close the door." She shakes her head.
"I can't." I can barely hear her voice over the din. "Murphy's still out there."