Opening

CLARKE'S POV:

The lights flicker todarkness, and people scream, running towards the stairs. Guards yell over the din. We keep walking, pushing against the crowds down. The crowds begin to thin out and slowly the floors become deserted. We round the corner to the controlroom floor. Something shuffles and I push Bell behind me slightly.
A sword flies past where he was just standing. "JESUS O!" He yells. Octavia andLincoln emerge out of the darkness.
"Oh, it's just you guys." She sighs in relief. I run to her, and hug her tightly. She squeezes me harder. Monty comes up next to us, and she hugs him to. I smile at Lincoln. O walks over and picks up her sword.
In time for an army of guards, head torches shining through the darkness. They march, and there, in a cream suit that shines through the darkness and a suave smile, is Cage.
"Clarke!" he calls, "Introduce me to your friends!" He pauses, seeing Monty, "Oh,  hi Monty!" his voice is irritatingly perky. A guard's light shines onto Lincoln and O, and I notice they're wearing war paint.
"Outsiders!" Guns are dropped, and men run screaming for the back staircase. Cage rolls his eyes. Five guards remain by his side, though their guns waver onto Bellamy more than O and Lincoln. I push him behind me.
"He's your fuck buddy isn't he?" Cage laughs. "The one you specifically radioed that night?" I don't deny it.
The mountain sways. Another of the guards whispers a couple of swear words and run. Cage's brow creases. "That was us." I laugh. No one joins me. Bellamy's hand clings tightly to mine. I feel him go to move forwards, but tug him further behind. These are the loyalists, the Cage supporters. A bullet flies. A single bullet lodges in the floor at my feet. I laugh again, louder this time. Monty looks at me out of the corner of his eye. I have no idea what I'm doing either. "You don't want to do that." I grin. "You want to join your families, in our safe zone before the doors open." I stoop, pulling Bellamy with me. He puts a hand on my back. 'what are you doing?' I place the gun on the ground. "Leave. Find your families." I look up, but don't move up, eyes boring into the men at the back. "Or die."Many of the guards run. One sticks by Cage. Cage just smiles at me, condescendingand he laughs.
"YOU killed my family." The guard hisses, placing his finger on the trigger, clicking it twice. Bullets whizz past us. There's the thud as one meets it'starget. Bellamy's hand presses harder on my back, and I drag us both to thefloor, as O's sword flies over us, and stabs the man in the chest. He stumbles backwards.
"Yu gonplei ste odon." She hisses. Cage runs into the control room. We spin,and Lincoln and O are both covered in blood. But it's only Lincoln visibly inpain. He falls to the floor. O presses her small hands onto a hole in his arm. Tears fill her eyes.
"Monty, grab her sword." I command, before ripping half of Bellamy's shirtaway.
"CLARKE!" he yells, tugging the rest of it down, flushing. I ignore him, and tie a rough tourniquet. Monty passes O her sword. It drips blood ontoLincoln's.
"Go to the hospital. Up six floors, green doors. Give him as many pain killersas you can, then ask one of the grounders for help." O nods, helping Lincolnup. I pick up my gun. Bell meets my eye.
"Fuck buddy?" He laughs, mock offense. I roll my eyes.
"He's not wrong." Monty snorts, walking forwards towards the control room door. He tries it, but it doesn't open. "Any guesses?" he asks, turning to us. A redlight flashes on it. It's dark in here, bar the light shining at the ceilingfrom the dead body.
"One."