Shooting

CLARKE'S POV:

Clearly the control room runs on the backup generator, because the lights shine. An army is throwing tin can bombs at the door. A fire burns next to the dam, and a few people, not quite in focus, are running round. Cage holds a rifle at us.
"Out." He yells. We pull our guns. He practically pisses himself. Three guns on one guy.
"No." Bellamy steps forward. His finger nuzzles the trigger.
"We're not killing him yet." I call. Surprise flashes over Cage's face. "No, I need you to log me in." Cage's eyes bug.
"No."
"We're the one's in control here." I nod at Monty to go to one of the computers. "Log us in, and we won't kill you." Bell snorts, and I glare at him. He smirks, before turning on the sombre murderer expression I haven't seen for a while. And it's attractive.
"No. You won't kill me." Cage smirks. I groan.
"Why does everyone always say that?!" I ask, irritated. Bell and Monty look at me out of the corner of their eyes. I flap a hand, waving their questions away. "Tell us."
"No." Cage spits.
"Fine. Bell, keep him busy." I grin, strolling over to the tannoy. I flick it on.

MONROE'S POV:

Charlotte's whimpering on the table. This is number 7. She's going to die. Scott's stopped screaming. My voice is hoarse, and tears are beginning puddle on my shirt. The drill turns on. I swallow, forcing as much moisture into my throat as I physically can, but it's all pouring out my eyes. The drill slowly plunges into her skin. She hasn't got the fight left anymore. She's kicked them off twice, and Fox's body lays forgotten on the other bench as they all pin her down. The drill stops, and now, now I shout the words she'll need to hear. "JOHNNIE LOVES YOU!" I yell. Fresh tears burn. Charlotte smiles weakly, before her final breath falls. My bottom lip wobbles and the tears rolls faster. The doctor smiles at me, and my stomach twists. I glare at her. "Finish this one." She spits at Charlotte, glaring at her small unmoving body. "I want Harper and Amaya." They toss Fox off onto the pile of dead bodies, and drag Harper on. I scream, and scream and scream. Amaya screams louder, digging her heels in as a giant guard swoops dwon to pick her up. This is stupid. Why?

"ATTENTION CITIZENS OF MOUNT WETHER!" A loud voice cuts over the tannoy. The lights flicker. "This is Clarke Griffin speaking, one of the 100, skaikru. And I want to tell you all something." The doctor lady frowns, before rolling her eyes and flicking on the drill. As if to compensate, Clarke talks louder. "Cage is lying to you." The guards stop, drill millimetres from Charlotte's fading skin. The doctor glares at them, but they don't put the drill back onto Charlotte. The man holding Amaya rests her on his hip, listening. "The treatments, 'The truth', are bollocks. They're killing kids. Eight year olds, ten year olds, twelve year olds. Kids with families that love them, kids who had their whole lives ahead of them. But that's not where he's been lying. It's about us." confusion flicks between the group. Harper holds in her scream to try to listen. Amaya just looks at me. "The outsiders, those who can live out here perfectly well outside in radiation." Drips of blood splatter across her skin as Tsing gets distracted. Harper's nose waffles like a rabbit's.
"Keep going. She doesn't know anything." The doctor snaps nasally at the guards.
"We can kill you all." The guards eyes bug, and they put the drill down.
"Oh for god's sake!" The doctor lady snaps.
"Cage is refusing to save you." I frown at Sterling through tearful eyes. His jaw is clenched, face overrun with tears. "We are offering a safe place, where you can survive if we deem you worthy. But Cage is refusing to let us protect it." The guards frown, and some look at each other, anger plain on their faces. The lights flicker. "He is willing to let you die to save himself. Cage?" Her tone turns accusatory. "Tell your people the real truth, how you KILLED your father to steal the bone marrow of eight year olds who've dealt with actual hell in space," Amaya's eyes glow wide and she loks at me in blinding fear, "and Earth, how you're willing to lose all your people in exchange for your own sorry life." She spits. I can see the glare. Harper looks at me, tears in her eyes. The doctor lady flicks her drill back on. She pushes it into Harper's hip, and Harper screams. We can't hear. But nor can the guards. "SHUT UP A MINUTE LORELI!" One of them yells. She blinks, then glares at him. She finishes extracting the marrow from Harper, then turns it off.
"Come on Cage, it's not like you have mere minutes before you have an army of our blood lusting people burst through those doors, spilling in radiation and murder." This seems to work. Harper is quietly crying. Blood dribbles down her hip, bubbling off the bed.
"The marrow treatments will work." His voice is slimy. "They have worked in the past with outsider bone marrow. They will work better with the children from the sky." By killing us. I tug against my chains. None of the guards try to stop me. "I may have killed my father, but that's because I could see what he couldn't. WE have as much right to the outside as all of them." I roll my eyes. "But them trying to force us into surrender won't work. That door has kept us safe from a hundred years of radiation, a nuclear apocalypse, and may attempted attacks. Perhaps now they have gunpowder and are playing with our power, but I do not need to fortify you against radiation because they will not come in." I hear Clarke laugh.
"Stop lying." There's the chilling sound of a gun being cocked.
"Stop pointing a gun at me."

The gunshot rips through the mountain.