5||Graduating Gift

Honor, being the one taking the picture, was there to drop off a bag of clean clothes for Logan to change into so he could be comfortable. She even had a bag for Rory just in case she wanted to wear sweatpants and a t-shirt instead of her dress from the evening's party.

Smiling like crazy, she gently placed the two separate bags down on the chairs that were in the room. She picked up the discarded heels and silently pulled out a pair of Rory's slip-on shoes from the bag and putting the heels in their spot, packed away.

Taking one more glance at the couple when she heard the shifting of bodies, Honor quickly noted her brother's hand sliding from Rory's hip to protectively hold her lower abdomen. Honor took her leave, closing the door as quietly as she possibly could while admiring her little brother growing up and finding the one thing, he's needed all his life: a girl to love wholeheartedly.

It didn't take long for Honor to make it half way down the hall where Josh stood with their breakfast. With it already being six, she knew her husband needed to leave by seven to get to work at eight. She showed him the picture and he chuckled at the sight of the one and only Logan Huntzberger being a cuddler. Josh noted how Honor suddenly froze as she looked at the picture and remembered the moment, she had caught a glimpse of when she took her exit. The dots connected. Two and two became four. The skies cleared. A sudden lightbulb flickered above her head.

"I'm going to be an aunt!" She squeals. Her eyes sparkled with glee as she looked up at her husband.

Josh felt like he was experiencing whiplash. Is this the beginning? I mean, I was warned it was going to happen, but now? He was not ready for baby fever, or at least he thought he wasn't. He hoped it wasn't contagious. "Say what?"

"Oh! I need to go shopping! Do you think Rory would let me plan her baby shower? Oh, better yet! The gender revealing! This is so exciting! A baby! Imagine, Joshie. Rory's amazing blue eyes, Logan's smirk, just oh! Their child is going to be beautiful! Ugh, I'm so jealous!"

Joshua watched as she rambled on, her feet made a determined destination to the exit. He quickly set a foot behind her. "Uh, Honor? Should we talk about this?" It was one thing to be married for over a year, but baby fever was a whole other ball game. Honor did say she wanted at least three years of marriage before bringing kids into the world. He wanted kids yes, but only if she was ready, so he agreed to wait. But their timeline was slowly shrinking as she got more excited.

"They'll need to let us babysit, so we can get some practice in, yes? I think it would best. Do you think so too, Josh? We'll have to baby proof the house if their kid comes over—"

Josh was screwed. She was already in planning and prepping mode. When she's in the zone, there is no way to get her out of said zone. He's going to have to backorder her favorite planning snacks that afternoon.

As the sun rose and the light glowered through the high glass wall of the waiting room, shining on those who slept and those who didn't as the day began without a hint to the Gilmore Clan's plans for the day. The waiting room filled of slumbering friends and family members were the only significant sign of unity. Of course, they all were surely going to make appointments to their chiropractors and masseuses later that week.

An alarm burst from a phone, jolting Logan awake while his Ace simply slept on. It was a familiar annoyance that would echo from Rory's phone as a backup alarm for a necessary time stamp when she would be otherwise distracted when getting up for classes or finals or a meeting with friends/family for brunch. So, Logan wasn't surprised to see the glaring alarm buzzing away on the bed side table, but what washed away all exhaustion was the alarm's name.

Graduation. Pick up cap & gown @ 9.

Logan snoozed it and carefully woke up his anti-morning girlfriend.