16

Over on the East Coast, Robert Grimaldi had started on his little brother's request. Although Roland was looking awfully suspicious, and had the same crazy look in his eye. Robert just wanted to have a calm night, sign paperwork, update schedule, review some project agendas, then go home with pizza and watch what was on his DVR. This, was not what he planned. He may have been the guy that had a ridiculous life plan that had made him look like he ran from a demented circus, but he out grew that like how Colin grew up and asked Stephanie out, Finn grew up and took on a lot of responsibilities and drinks (considerately) a lot less, and Logan outgrew his non-commitment lifestyle (albeit, he did it earlier than Robert, but still). Everyone grows up some way, some time. But Roland on the other hand, is still... well... not there, yet.

Robert had immediately recognized whose phone it was by the background picture (why--it was the phone he borrowed a lot when he had to call someone one on drunken excursions, with the group) and he knew that if he didn't do what he was asked he'd be faced with some old blackmail that could destroy his credentials as CEO. But he called Logan--his trusted friend with a sound judgment--to report to, and explain his findings, and to figure out what he was going to do.

The conversation started to get concerning when Logan started about calling the police at Hayden Law Firm here in the East, and he followed instructions as well as having his own agenda with whatever was happening over there.

After the end of the call he rushed out of his office, cutting through the empty floor that had been bustling with his upstate employees hours before, towards the elevator and down to the lobby. In the elevator, he had paged his on-call security team to meet him out front. He exited the lobby and hopped into the waiting, large silver van and nearly yelled at them to step on it to Hayden Law.

When they got there he noticed two black cars, one SUV and one Mercedes. Police were starting to surround the area, a news van had popped up out of nowhere and the front doors were guarded.

Hostage situation. Robert noted, confusion twisted his features. Why would an intern, according to Logan, be in a hostage situation?

Robert and his team created a plan with the help of some police officers.

George, a member of Robert's team, would hack into the security cameras to see what was going on. The police and news caster were the distraction to the guards on the lobby floor. Robert was going to sneak around back and going up the stairs, checking every floor.

As soon as everything was clear, Robert made his way around back and through the back door, up the stairs. The first three floors were clear, nothing out of the ordinary. His legs were beginning to hurt at the fourth floor, which was clear. He kept going up.

Five, six, seven, all clear.

On the eighth floor he found a couple guards doing rounds and so he moved to the ninth floor, clear.

The tenth, however, there were scattered papers on the floor. Papers trailing from a file room, he picked up a paper and scanned it over briefly before he heard movement and he quickly moved into a dark corner.

"I still don't get her importance, she's just a little intern." a gruff voice growled.

"Boss knows her importance that's all that matters." another voice interjected.

"Whatever, still doesn't make sense." the first male murmured.

Their footsteps faded away towards the elevator and Robert slipped out to the stairs again and made his way up. His legs were pulsing from working his muscles so much, he took note that he needed to renew his gym membership. He reached the eleventh floor, all clear. The twelfth floor was clear as well as the fourteenth and fifteenth.