12

As Rory sat there listening to the chaos rattling the air and rising irritation in everyone's anger, she took in a few breaths before standing up.

Chris watched as she stood up. He then glanced at the room. Right then he felt like he was back in his teenage years when his parents had fought with the Gilmores over the baby that Lorelai and he were going to have. He remembered watching Lorelai do the same thing as Rory was doing.

Rory cleared her throat. Everyone ignored her, or didn't even hear her.

"Everyone shut the hell up and sit down!" Rory barked at the group of arguing adults.

They froze and turned to see her glaring at everyone. They followed her directions and sat down.

"I will be going back to California and my father will be in charge of this branch whether you like it or not! And don't even think about dragging me back here on a plane unless it is an emergency that requires my attention and for those of you who think I have no law background degrees, you are wrong. I had a double minor and I passed the bar, so don't even give me that crap. Now if you don't mind I want to get to my husband."

"What about meetings? You have full right of final decisions."

"Ever heard of conference calls?"

And with that she left, but then remembered something. She turns back and walks into the conference room again.

"See to it that Bowden Glade is fired for harassment and disrespect. I'll write the file report and email it to whoever is in charge of the section." She says looking around until someone gestured that they were in charge of firing and hiring employees. She nodded and then left without a goodbye.

Rory then made her way to the elevator and sighed, she leaned against the wall as she pressed the button when she heard shouting.

"Hold the door! Hold the door please!" It was starting to sound like a plea.

Rory stood up straight and held the door open.

A frazzled young woman that looked about Rory's age, maybe a couple years younger, rushed in relieved while holding a dozen binders and folders and stacks of papers. Her red hair was frizzed out a bit and she was struggling to reach into her purse for something.

"Oh thank you so much! I was worried I'd have to take the stairs again and really wish I didn't have to do that or else I would be late and my boss doesn't like it when I'm late. I can't be late. This is my first job, well technically it's not a job but an internship and well anyways I need to drop some stuff off to a couple guys do you by chance know where the floors for the divorce, defendant, criminal and employment lawyers are? I have some files for them from Mr. Barker that they need to see immediately. Oh how I wish I had coffee right now, I haven't slept in three days because I am running so many errands for Mr. Barker even outside the office - oh shoot! I am not supposed to tell anyone about that! Oh shoot! Please don't tell him! I might lose this opportunity and Hayden Law only gives out three internships or less a year! This was my third year to apply and I am so glad I finally got in, but man is the process hell. The application and interview is so overwhelming but I guess that's just with me and this being my first internship or whatever. Anyways, hello I've never seen you around here before but then again I don't have time to talk to anyone much. My name Alaina Winters. What's your name?" She rambled and rambled on. Rory was grinning, but it faltered when what she said started to sink in.

"You ramble. Also floors, 28, 26, 20, 14." Alaina pressed for 28.

The girl blushed, looking away, "Thank you, Sorry. I do that sometimes when I'm stressed."