•8|His Private Doctor

GRAY SAID HE WOULD FIX IT. I should have known it would be a devious plan. Although I am starting to feel like a trouble magnet already, the thought of the cop searching for us makes our escape utterly thrilling. I clutch tightly to Gray's arm as he opens his parlour and ushers me in. I understand the amount of trouble I've managed to get in in a span of an hour but I can't help the giggles escaping my lips. The policeman took a minute to talk to three teenage boys getting drunk at the side of the road and Gray being the bad boy he is, led me out of the car and we ran.

"That was so fun!" I say. "Where have you been all my life?"

"Begging fate not to let you walk into my tattoo shop that night we met," he answers and I playfully roll my eyes.

"My parents are gonna lose their shit when they find out and I'm a little scared but the excitement of being a delinquent is overshadowing everything. You make me a bad girl."

"Why do you have to make everything so sexual, Gigi?"

"I'm going to ignore what you said and go to bed. . ." I say, moving past him.

"Whoa there!" he wraps his arm around my stomach and pulls me back to him as I gasp. "You're not sleeping here." he makes it clear, his arm still around me.

"Your hands belong here." I take his hand from my waist and place it on his chest. "Pretty strong, aren't you? There we go." I pat his shoulder. "If I don't sleep here, where am I going to sleep, genius?"

"In your bed, at your house, genius. I'm taking you home."

"What if the cops find us?"

"They won't."

"My parents will not be happy with me. . ."

"I'm having trouble seeing how that is my problem." he sits on his desk and crosses his arms. "You know what? I think I have a solution."

"I'll sleep here?"

"You'll sleep outside. Get out."

"If you leave me outside, I'll tell the cops you kidnapped me," I say.

He sighs. "How do you even keep —" he stops mid-sentence and gives out a loud grunt.

"I have never snuck out before." I giggle. "I'm a little anxious because my dad got angry with me earlier."

He sighs and runs his large fingers through his hair. "The bedroom is over there." he points to the little black door and I smile weakly. He stares intensely at me, causing me to be conscious of the way I look. Then, he backs off the desk and squints his eyes at me. "You look pale. . ."

"I'm tired. Having fun is so exhausting," I answer but I doubt he bought that. Heck, even I didn't buy it.

I straighten, hoping to get that little pinching in my chest to stop, which is growing much more painful as I continue to breathe unevenly. As I walk to the black door that leads to Gray's room, my heartache now feels like an insatiable fire burning all the life from me. What have I done? I muse, grabbing the cold doorknob. It feels like a wolf is eating it's way to my trembling heart as I slowly sit down on the floor, my loud breathing echoing in my ears. I should have called it quits when I felt that pinch in my chest earlier. I didn't. I pushed and pushed too hard.

"I think I'm going to sit down here for a little while." I chuckle breathlessly. "Exactly how much trouble are we in if the cops find us?" I ask, placing my hand on my chest and silently hoping that will stop my raging heart.

He cocks his head to his side slightly and shrugs his broad shoulders. "For you? Three days of silent treatment from your family."

"And you?" I whisper.