•40|His Debbie Downer

I sit on the edge of the bed, my fingertips tingling, begging me to take Gray's phone and check his messages to know what he and Moist Mateo have been up to. The thing is, I can't. That would be invading his privacy but, Imogene said she smelt pineapples on the monster who took advantage of her and if Mateo knows who that is then I want to know.

Gray is in the bathroom. He said he needed to take a shower because he didn't like the smell of hospital on him. Now I'm sitting here wondering if it's worth it to go behind his back and look through his phone. The reasons why I need to go through his phone aren't shallow. So I suppose it is okay. I stretch my body across the bed and pick his phone, my heart pounding in my chest. 

"Okay," I whisper to myself but the phone requires a password and knowing Gray, it is probably something absurd, something I can never guess. I sigh deeply and put the phone back in it's original place. Hearing the door leading to the bathroom creak, I hold my breath and lie down on the bed, shutting my eyes tightly.

I hear the soft saturations of his footsteps as he approaches the bed then he plops down heavily. He chuckles softly as he places his cold hand on my foot.

Then there's silence. Dead silence. As if he knows what I've done and he's waiting for me to admit it. I open my eyes with a sigh and sit up, looking at that smug smile on his lips. His hair is wet, stuck to his moist skin that seems to be glowing. I guess Asher was right. Gray does have a perfect skin. I tear my eyes away from his abs rippled down into his jeans and shake my head to rid myself of the thoughts that just creep into my mind.

"I didn't mean to," I say.

"Mean to what?" he asks.

"To look," I respond, almost whispering. "I didn't mean to. I'm so sorry Gray." I cup my face with both my hands.

"It is perfectly fine to look Genevieve. I know I am ruggedly handsome," he says. I drop my hand, finding it extremely difficult not to smile at him. Despite his cockiness, he still is quite charming.

"I wasn't talking about your—" I sigh. "I wasn't looking at your body." My gaze lingers around the room.

"Yes you were," he states.

"I wasn't. I was just—"

"It's okay Genevieve. We're alone, you can admit you're a pervert," he whispers. I look at him and burst into giggles at his silliness.

"You're a jackass."

"But you love me." He leans in to kiss me and I can smell the sweet fragrance of strawberry and rose water emitting from his skin.

"I took your phone to read your messages," I blurt out. He stops in his tracks as I wince, placing my fingers on the seam of my lips. "It's not like I was checking if you're talking to another girl or something. I promise, I'm not like that. I trust you completely. I just wanted to know what you and Mateo were talking about."

"You were going to search through my phone?" he asks.

"If it were me, I'd be so upset that you took my phone without permission because that's simply invasion of privacy so I completely understand if you want to punish me." I swallowed.

He shuts his eyes briefly. "What?" he asks, surprised.

"Well if you won't you punish me then I will." I nod. "We won't kiss for a week—"

"Why are you punishing me? I didn't do anything." he shakes his head quickly.

"I shouldn't have even thought of going through your phone. I should have just asked you what you and Moist Mateo were doing." I sigh.