•26|His Redheaded Date 2

"I'M SUDDENLY NOT IN THE MOOD TO BE HERE."

"It's not that bad." he shakes his head.

"Gray, the place is crammed with fancy people and photographers."

"It could be worse."

"The only thing that would make this worse is a clown."

"You remind me so much of my sister."

"Did Houdini stop building the Eiffel tower because – wait, did you just sister-zone me?"

"Ugh! You are so in love with me, it's pathetic." he opens the door and steps out of the car.

"Ass hat!"

He opens the door for me and I hop out into the street. "You look like a goddess," he says. I feel a familiar warmth in my cheeks as I smile.

"Stop it." I lower my head.

"I've something for you."

"What is it?"

He opens the door to the backseat and says, "close your eyes," he demands. I shut my eyes briefly and open them again. Gray quickly hides a black box behind him. "Close your eyes you moron!" he bursts into a strained laugh and I close them again.

"Don't call me a moron, jackass!" I giggle. "I swear to God Gray, if you pick me up and put me in a fountain, I will kill you."

"Stop whining," he whispers.

"What is this about Easton?"

"Now open your eyes."

I lever my eyes open, blinking twice to adjust my eyes on the sparkling necklace he holds in a box. It looks glossy and alluring, has classic diamonds encompassing it's beautiful design with a blue pendant at the tip, making it look a little mystical.

"Gray," I whisper, bringing my hand to touch it but stopping in my tracks. "This is beautiful."

"You like it?" he smiles.

"Yes." I nod frantically. "very much but I'm not sure I can take it." I finally look at his brown eyes and notice his heart break a little in his eyes. "It's not that I don't want it but this looks very expensive."

He rolls his eyes and grunts. "It's a gift for you, Genevieve, of course it will be expensive. Now turn around and let me put it on that beautiful neck of yours." he grabs my hand and swings me around as I chuckle. I drew my lower lip between my teeth and exhale.

He brushes my hair aside and I feel coldness around my neck when he puts the necklace on me. I slowly turn to him and he smiles, his eyes glistening with delight. I can't tell what suddenly changed in Gray but I know perfectly well he's happy.

"You look perfect," he says.

"I'll never take it off."

"Promise?"

I nod. "Promise."

"Let's go."

Ordinarily, Bambino is a popular spot for the rich and famous of Granville to gather,  and the first thing I notice is the town's mayor standing in front of the restaurant with a face red as a pulp as he laughs with the owner, Mr. Bambino. Mr. Bambino has mastered the art of catering to the needs of his guests, even those of modest stature such as Gray Easton and obnoxious ones like the Durkin family. Perhaps that's why Bailey Durkin thinks he owns this town. His father being the mayor and all. Bailey's gaze meets mine and I watch as the corner of his lips turn up into a smile, putting up his middle finger in the air. Even from where we're standing, I can see a little bandaid on his forehead from where Alleya threw the stone at him.