Prologue

The dark gray she-cat felt a burst of energy rush through her as the pale nose of her former leader softly touched her's. "With this life I give you trust, use it well in the event loyalty is challenged in your Clan, have faith in your family, your Clan, StarClan but most importantly, yourself." The tom's voice was sturdy while a coursing river of rushing water and rough rocks felt as if it was pushing its way through the she-cats veins as she received her ninth, and final life. The golden tom gently nuzzled the she-cat before stepping back and dipped his head in respect as the rest of the cats did after she received her other lives. "I hail you by your new name, Phantomstar. Your old life is no more. You have received the nine lives of a leader, and you have been granted the guardianship of MoonClan from StarClan. Defend your Clan well; care for the young and old; honor StarClan and the traditions of the warrior code; and live each of your lives with pride and dignity." Phantomstar dipped her head and puffed out her fur in pride as the gathered warriors called her by her new name. Phantompelt I am no longer, I will make these cats prouder than ever that they entrusted me these lives. "I promise, not only to you Sunstar, but to very ancestor of our Clan, I'll be the best leader I can be. I won't let you down." Phantomstar swore, her heart felt as if it were to burst out of her chest. "Phantomstar, the stars can only guide you so far, do not forget the strength your bones hold." Phantomstar narrowed her eyes. A prophecy or a genuine reminder?

Phantomstar awoke with a jolt, the pain from her new lives hardly existent. She looked around and spotted a light gray tabby grooming neatly behind her, the rushing water most likely drowned out her waking gasp. "Good morning Phantomstar," the she-cat said pausing her grooming. "Are you ready to head back now, you do have to start thinking about a deputy." Phantomstar only stared, her eyes gazing questionably at the remaining stars in the dawning sky. Stars can only guide you so far, do not forget the strength your bones hold. Sunstar's voice rang in her head. A small purr rumbled in Phantomstar's chest. You were always vague with your words in life, why must you continue that in StarClan?

Author's Note
-
Sorry I didn't get this out first, but I'm all over the place with writing and character devlopment. Chapter 5 will be out soon! Also I know the weird prophecy thing eats rat-dung but hey, I tried!