The surprise vacation

Agnes’s POV

It’s the first week of summer and I’m laying on my bed watching Netflix. For this whole week I did nothing and parents are worry about me. I’m usually the type of person who doesn’t stay home everyday. I will always go out with my friends and have fun. What can u say I’m only 17, teenage life.

 After watching a few movies, I started to feel hungry. I went to the kitchen to see if there’s any food, to my surprise I see my mum cooking dinner. She seldom cook dinner, when she do cook dinner there’s something going on.

 “Hey mum, what’s the occasion? You don’t usually cook.” I ask with curiosity. Sitting down on the counter while eating my favorite fruit strawberry.

 “Why do you ask? Is it wrong for me to cook for my family?” Walking pass me and kiss me on the cheek. While asking me to help her cut some vegetables.

 “Well, it’s not wrong but weird. You don’t like to cook and always but take out food after work. So there’s something going on. Are you going to tell me what is it?” Still eating my strawberry and cutting the vegetables.

 “Nope” while popping the ‘p’ . I shake it off and continue helping my mum cook dinner.

  Its dinner and my parents are acting weird normally we would talk about what happen today with our lives but today, they just keep quiet. Like they are keeping a secret from me. After a good 10 minutes of silent I cannot take it anymore and decide to speak up and ask them what’s wrong.

 “Alright, what’s going on? Mum? Dad? Why are you guys so quiet today? This it not you guys?” I ask, feeling weird in my stomach like something bad is going to happen. (A/N: sorry if this sound rude)

 “Fine, your dad and I feel that you should get a job this summer. As soon as possible because we decided to go for our second honeymoon together at Hawaii. Since you are having a school break, we think it’s the best date to go for our second honeymoon. Hence, when u get a job, you don’t feel lonely and bored at home” My mum finally gives up and told me with a cheerful voice.

 I froze and just look at my parents with surprise. “Oh, your second honeymoon? Alright then I’m…” My mum cut me in the middle of the sentence.

 “Why honey, are u alright? Are you upset that we're going to Hawaii?” My mum asks me with a worry look on her face.

 “I’m fine mum, I’m happy for you guys but the problem is when are you guys going? If you guys are going within one week, I can’t find a job that fast.” Once I compose myself from being in shock. I ask my parents like a bullet train.

 “Well we are going exactly in one week, good guess hun. I know you can’t a job that fast so we have arrange you to work with your favorite aunt Mel. Do you know what your aunt work as?” My mum looks at me and I just shake my head as a ‘no’ answer.

 “Your aunt work as one of the organisers of this convention during the summer. The convention is called VidCon and they need workers to help out different youtubers on that day. So are u interested?” My mum explain the job opportunity to me and hoping that I agree to her arrangement

 “Fine, alright I’ll work with aunt Mel. For the whole summer right? I get pay right?” I agree with my mum act like it’s just a normal job but inside I’m so ecstatic to meet my aunt and to go to VidCon. I mean who doesn’t want to go there. 

"Of course hunny, you'll get pay. You are working for them. Don't worry I'll ask aunt Mel to take care of everything. I'm going to call her to tell the good news! Omg! dear we're going on our second honeymoon" My mum reply me and kiss my dad, walking off to call her sister. I'm so glad that i accept the job and let my parents to go for their honeymoon.

A/N

So there you go. The first chapter of the story if you guys have any suggestions about the story just tell me. I would love to hear the suggestions and work on the story. Thank you

-Afiqah- :)