A Surprise Visit and Goodbye

Agnes’s POV

  I wake up the next morning hearing people laughing. I check my phone to see its 9.30am, who is in the house usually my parents went to work already. I get out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. I’m the type of person who takes a shower before having my breakfast, some people think its weird but that’s me. Once I finish taking my shower, I get ready for the day. I wear my floral dress, tie my hair in a high ponytail, and put a bit of powder and eyeliner.  I don’t really like wearing makeup as it feels like someone just throw a lot of powder on my face. I check one last time and head downstairs for breakfast. 

 While I’m walking to the dining table, I heard a familiar voice. As I walk near the dining table, I see my aunt Mel with my mum having breakfast, I’m shock to see her and I miss her so much.

 “ Aunt Mel!? What are you doing here? I miss you so much. How are you?” I run towards her and hug her tightly.

 “Hi Agnes, I miss you too. I’m fine thank you. I see you have grown quite tall. Well, you know yesterday your mum called me about the good news that you want to work with me. So here I am to have a short trip and meet your mum and your dad. Unfortunately, your dad has to go to work.” Aunt Mel reply while I am eating my breakfast: pancakes, my favorite.

 “Oh well, dad is always busy. So how long are you staying here? I have a lot of things to tell you.” Talking with my mouth full of food with excitement.

 “Well, as you know VidCon is starting soon and I had to be there early to check the convention. Most of the youtubers are coming at the convention in 3 days. We have a lot to do so it looks like tomorrow I’m leaving.” She replies with unconfident voice to see if I get what ever she is saying.

 “Really? That fast? So if I’m working with you, I’m leaving tomorrow with you to prepare for the convention right?” I ask once again with a confuse look.

 “Yup, if you put it that way. Then yes tomorrow we’re leaving. Is that okay with you?” She replies with confidence then before while looking at my mum and me.

 “Well okay then, do I have a choice? I guess I should start packing for the whole month. Looks like I have to bring my whole closet.” I get up go to the kitchen and put my plate in the sink. While walking back to my room to start packing at the same time trying to joke around with my aunt and mum.

 Once I reach my room and fold all of my clothes and put inside the big suitcase. I can’t believe that I’m going to VidCon that fast. I get to meet my favorite youtubers like Jack&Finn, Our 2nd Life, Casper Lee and many more. I thought my summer going to be boring as I know I will not go out too often. While I was packing my suitcase, my phone stared to ring. I pick the call to see my best friend, Joe calling me. I told him to Skype with me instead of calling as I need to tell him something important.

 “Hi beautiful. Are you okay?” I started to blush when he call me that. Even though he call me that every single time. I’m so grateful to have a friend like him, no one can take over his place.

 “Hey handsome. I’m fine. I just need to tell you something that’s all” I say with a gloomy look on my face. I’m going to miss him when I go VidCon.

 “Oh no, what happen? Is it bad? What do you do? Are you breaking our ‘relationship’? How could you, I love you” He says hurriedly and at the same time sadly.

 “Hahahaha, well its not really that bad. No I’m not breaking up with you. Awww, I love you too. Well, it’s hard for me to say this to you and I’m really going to miss you.” I pause for a while and look at him. He looks so worry like something bad is going to happen. “Joe, last night my mum told me that she and my dad are going to Hawaii for their second honeymoon. She even ask me to find a job during the holiday so that I will not be bored during the summer.”

 “Wow, that’s good for your parents, but you will never get bored during summer coz’ you have me! Hahahah, is that all?” Joe said happily while laughing.

 “Well no, my mum found a job for me. I’ll be working with my aunt Mel for the whole month. She works as an organizer at this convention call VidCon. It will be held at LA. So I can’t spent my summer with you. I’m so sorry, I should tell you earlier, and I’m leaving tomorrow.” I say sorrowfully and hoping Joe is okay.

 “Oh, you’re leaving tomorrow? That fast, well its okay. At least you tell be before you go. I really am going to miss you during the summer. Now I have to find a new best friend to keep me company when you’re gone for the whole month.” Joe says cheerfully but I can see the sadness in his eyes.

“How could you replace me? Well might as well you replace me as I might replace you with someone at VidCon. Hahahah ,well I got to go. I’m leaving around 11am tomorrow I need my beauty sleep. Don’t worry we will Skype and text each other like we always do. Bye Joe, I’m going to miss you.” I say happily and started to yawn.

 “Alrighty then, take care beautiful. I’m going to miss you too. Don’t forget me. Bye.” Joe winks at me, say our goodbye and end the call. I get ready for bed and think about Joe. How am I going to survive without him. He’s like my best friend and brother, my life is always complete with him around me. I glad I made friends with him.

A/N

Hi, so here's chapter 2 of the story. I try my best to post every day. But no promises Enjoy

-Afiqah- :)