[14]

Allison pressed the sweater to her body and took in her appearance in the mirror. With a head tilt, she turned towards Lydia who lounged on the bed and Hollis who sat beside her.

"What do you guys think?" Allison asked.

"Well, it's..." Hollis started.

"Pass," Lydia said without so much as a glance at it. She looked over at Hollis with a questionable look. "So, what you're saying is that you can't come out with us because you have a date with what's-his-name?"

"It's not a date," she explained for the dozenth time. "He's just helping me with math. It's a study...thing."

Unconvinced, Lydia nodded. "Of course it is," she said cheerfully then looked towards Allison who held up a shirt. "Pasadena," she said with a roll of her eyes. "Pass."

"I have to find something to wear," Allison said under her breath, turning towards her closet. "So, where are you and Stiles going for your date?"

"Not you, too, Ali," Hollis said, running a hand through her hair. "Come on, you guys. It's not a date. If I didn't have to meet up with my dad for dinner then Stiles and I would be hanging out with you, Scott and Jackson at the bowling alley. How is this any different?"

"Because it'll just be you and him," Lydia stated.

"And a pizzeria full of people," Hollis added, throwing a look at both her friends.

Allison smiled, a knowing look passing between her and Lydia.

"What?" Hollis asked with a sigh. She looked from Allison to Lydia, trying to will one of them to speak up.

"It's just that...." Allison started after a pause. "You two would be so cute together."

"Not perfect but cute...I suppose," Lydia agreed.

Crossing her arms, she shook her head at their comments. "Look," Hollis said slowly. "I just broke up with Carter like a week ago. I'm not even remotely ready for another relationship." She wound a strand of hair around her finger, keeping her attention on that and not the conversation at hand. "Besides, Stiles and I are just friends."

"Maybe." Allison stopped searching through her closet and looked over her shoulder. "But it's obvious that he likes you, Hollis. Come on, don't tell me you don't see the way he looks at you."

With a playful smile, Lydia nudged Hollis. "Just admit that you like him and we'll stop. I promise."

"You two are unbelievable," Hollis muttered.

Allison ignored Hollis rolling her eyes and held up another shirt.

"Paso doble," Lydia said, making a face.

"Seriously?" She asked, somewhat defeated in her search for clothes. She glanced at her closet once more and held up a dress. "What about this?"

"Pass, pass, pass on all of it." Lydia got up from the bed and marched over to the closet. She stared at the assortment of clothes and eyed them all with distaste. "God, Allison. Respect for your taste? Dwindling by the second."

With a frown, Allison looked towards Hollis with a pleading look. "A little help here, Hollis?"

Hollis crossed her arms and shook her head. "Hey, you're on your own here. You could've helped me out before but you decided to tease me. So...sorry," she said as a smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

The sound of hangers moving filled the room as Lydia searched the closet for something acceptable. "This," she said finally, yanking out a black shirt and handing it to Allison.