Chapter 4: The Awakening

POV: Jeon Jungkook

I literally thought that Tae Tae was gone for good, which made me stressed out for days and weeks, skipping meals and shuffling through old photos I found of Tae, while drinking much more than enough glasses of alcohol.. I had low self esteem, and I couldn't cut things with a knife, without trying to harm myself. I knew it was wrong, but Tae was the only person who truly made me feel.. happy. There are multiple things in this world that make me happy, but there was something different about Tae... He... cared about me so much and always made me laugh.. Him and I had a special relationship that none of my Hyungs did with us. Don't get me wrong, my Hyungs are like my family, but... I always thought that Taehyung stood out. Like a rose in a spool of thorns. He might have been weird and extra, but he was also caring and sweet... I also personally think he's the most beautiful, too.

POV: Jeon Jungkook

I went back to the washroom again, almost afraid to walk in, but after taking a few deep breaths, I was able to push the door open with more ease. 

There wasn't blood any longer, but just a big mess surrounding each stall... I wondered who had made this mess, since there was glass and paper sheets scattered all across the floor, leaving no trace of empty tile.

 "Is anyone here?" I gently yell, browsing around, only to notice the back stall door, creak closed in gentle motion. 

It was the same stall that Tae's... incident happened.

 I got a bit nervous and brushed off my clean white t-shirt, as I strolled a bit towards the end stall. I began questioning what was going on, as I stared at the end, waiting for something horrifying to happen. 

But just then, out of thin air, came a small knife thrown towards me, through the stall door, targeted at the center of my face. I then, duck with all the muscle core strength in my back legs and luckily dodged the blade, quickly and somewhat fearful.

 "What the-" I whispered to myself, before being caught off breath with the stall door opening with a loud slam; a person in a grey hood had also pounced onto me. 

"HEY- Get off!! Who are you?! Just stop! Whatever I did wrong, I'm sorry!" I hollered at the guy, kicking him with both of my feet.

 "Stop moving!! Hold still, Kookie -" the person said, trying to pull me against the thick wall. I suddenly, became less intimidated and violent.

 The man strapped me with hard duct tape against the wall, pulling off his hood, as I noticed him placing a rusty knife blade in between both rows of his teeth. 

I squinted my eyes, for I had noticed he was... "TAEHYUNG??!?" I hollered, tearing up once again, while using the remains of my strength to break out of the duct tape. 

Tae quickly placed more duct tape onto me, as I struggle to escape. 

He chuckled, as his irises turned into swirling, blood red. I gasped in surprise and discomfort. 

"Tae, what's going on? Why are your eyes like that and how are you still... alive?" 

Tae grinned and jabbed a knife into the wall, directly beside my right ear, then made strong and bold eye contact with me as he moved closer--His warm breath caressed my skin from two centimeters away. 

"Why should you have to worry about that, Kookie? What matters, is what's about to happen to you." His smirk developed into a low, cat-like grin. 

I nervously gritted my teeth, as Tae pulled his knife out of the thick, painted wall, me assuming he was going to stab me right away with the knife when the blade was just over an inch away from my jaw.

 He then carefully, caressed my neck with the knife's pointy tip. "How does that feel, Kookie? Are you ready for the pain to occur? Are you waiting for your Hyungs to come and save you?"

 I slowly lift my head up, sweating and quenching my fists. "I don't care if you kill me Tae... I... just want you to remember one thing.." I said, as he slowly, lifts the angular bladed knife more upward towards my chin. "... I will never see you as a monster."

 I then quickly forced my head going down, as the knife stabbed my neck, and the duct tape became weak.

 "Jungkook! What the hell are you doing!?" Tae shouted, shocked at my actions.

 In sudden pain, I pulled the duct tape off of the lower half of my body with my teeth, before slipping in between his wide-spread legs. However, he once again placed the knife in front of my neck, holding me by the scruff of my collar. 

"Where do you think you're going, Kookie? The game's only begun. Leaving so soon?" 

Taehyung struggled to keep me still.

 I had noticed his irises had gotten more red and seemed to glow as well, as my neck wound had bled on his sleeve.

 "What are you waiting for, Tae? Just kill me already if you're not going to let me escape!" I yelled, desperately waiting for my Hyungs to hear him. 

Taehyung smiled, acknowledging my words, as he attempted to stab the knife into my back. I caught the knife's blade, going in fast motion towards my back with my right hand. 

"If you kill me Tae... I just want you to know that... I will always cherish you... no matter what." I said, trying my hardest to resist the pain.

My hand was dripping with my own raw blood, as my hands were slowly being cut and slit by the knife's sharp, clever blade.