Chapter 5: Unexpected Rivals

POV: Park Jimin

I put my ear against the wall, wondering where the faint yelling was coming from.. Also noticing that Jungkook had been in the washroom for a long period of time, once again. "Should I.. go check on him?" I wondered aloud.

 "Go for it. Jungkookie's probably having a moment of solitude, since the day Tae's incident occurred, but you should at least see if he's doing alright." Namjoon insisted. 

I took another deep breath, as I pushed open the door, to check on Kookie. I felt almost afraid to go in, but then again, the yelling occurred.. in the washroom. 

I busted open the washroom door, desperate to see what was going on. My heart suddenly leapt into my throat, as I saw Jungkook being strangled against the wall, with another man in a hood, threatening him with a knife. 

Kookie's right hand was bleeding, and his neck was slit with blood. The man turned around, and at that second I recognized his face.

 "Tae!?" I hollered, confused. I knew there was no time for an explanation, so I ran to Kookie, struggling to pull the duct tape off of his body. 

Then, unexpectedly, Jungkook started yelling, almost out of breath, "Jimin!! Taehyung's right behind you!! GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN, I'LL BE FINE!!!!" He yelled once more, still bleeding on his t-shirt. 

"I'm not leaving without you, Jungkook-ssi! Not until the Hyungs and I get you to safety!!" But just as I'd shouted those words, Tae grabbed ahold of my shoulder, grasping his knife.

 "The Hyungs won't know what's going on, and it will stay that way. For now, you're staying with me." he said, attempting to duct tape me to the wall. I had gotten stronger, I thought, yet Taehyung seemed to have more strength than usual, and so it was surprisingly difficult to escape. 

It was also even more shocking to imagine him as a murderer, because I knew he wasn't. He was just a sweet human being who cared too much for everyone...especially Kookie. 

Tae's knife made me nervous; mostly for Jungkookie, but even myself. That one moment when I didn't focus correctly, Taehyung had aggressively stabbed my hand, while I was trying to help Kookie escape.

POV: Jeon Jungkook

"AUGGGHHH!" Jimin shouted, as his hand had started bleeding like crazy on his sleeve.

 I quickly went towards his ear, about to whisper something, "Don't worry.. like I said before, don't worry about me. I have a plan to get you out of here." I said, looking down at his hand. 

"You need treatment." I said, but the second I replied, Jimin interrupted my breath, "I'm fine, Kookie! Who isn't fine is you, but you won't let me help you, Hyung! I care about you...I'm going to get you out of here first!" He said, trying not to yell. 

"You called me Hyung again, Jimin-ssi..." Jungkook smiled for a brief second before Taehyung, once again, cut the tension between us with his knife, which now had dripping blood on it from Jimin and I.

 He then, looked straight and boldly at Jiminie. "Kookie is mine and he is staying with me. You're also going to be staying with me, because I say so."

 I looked at him confused and almost...like he was still in there...deep down. I noticed that Taehyung still had feelings for me; but he kept them hidden, and almost unnoticeable...

Yet I could see it. 

'He just doesn't know yet..' I thought to myself.

 Jimin gritted his teeth, angrily and in pain. "Just because you and Kookie are close, it doesn't mean you can keep him locked up in here forever! If you really cared about him, you wouldn't hurt him!! I honestly, don't even know what's going on right now, but I am going to stop this violence!!"

 I then, clutched Jimin's bloody hand and wrapped it in my weak duct tape. My blood started leaking on his wound, too. He gave me a baffled look.

"Jungkook?? What are you doing? I told you, my hand is fine!!" 

I could see that Jimin was stressed and worried for me, just like the way I felt when Tae was throwing up blood. 

All I cared about was his and Taehyung's health at that moment. 

Jimin might have been right about me, but in order to help myself, I had to help him and TaeTae first. 

Tae's eyes were staring at me like a stoned rock. His eyes were now glowing red. He again, pointed his knife against my neck, marking a smaller wound underneath the first one.

 "Do you still see me as an innocent person, Kookie? Or are you willing to admit that your so called Hyung is no longer in existence", he questioned, expecting a certain answer. 

I started sweating like crazy as the knife slowly sank into the depths of my flesh.

 "I still don't see you as a murderer Taehyung... I never will... and I know that my so called Hyung is still in there... deep down." I said, now noticing my neck bleeding more than before. 

Taehyung had suddenly stopped grinning and discontinued the knife from sinking into my neck.

 I could tell that Tae had a small amount of tears in his eyes as he lifted his knife above his head, with both hands. 

"If I am no murderer to you... what will make you change your mind, my sweet Kookie?" he said, with a strong force, pushing the air beneath his knife blade and into the ground's flesh.