Chapter 9: Mind Scape

Shinichi's mind
Where am I? It's pitch black in here.

There are 3 people that look like you.

That phrase... I remember it somewhere before.

Oh, right! I fainted which means I'm in my subconscious or what people like me call mind scape. I'm tired worrying about the men in black. What's this? Light?

I went over there and grabbed it but it flashed in my eyes, blinding and showing me what happened 10 years ago. Ahhhhhh!
---------------------------

I must have been 7 years old that time. Well, I am 7 now again in this body as Edogawa Conan but now I'm 8 but 18 at heart. I thought, watching Kaa-san dragging my young self and Ran to a somewhat nostalgic house.

(See episodes 472-473. I made it connected to Shinichi's young adventures with Ran.)

"Here we are, Shin-chan! I wanted Ran-chan to come, too!" Cheered Yukiko that she brought her son and his childhood friend along with her one afternoon on Saturday.

"A-arigato for the rose yesterday, Shinichi," thanked Ran to him in a low voice that only he could hear, entering the Kuroba house.

"You don't have to thank me, Ran," replied Shinichi in a low voice, blushing a little. It was an apology for calling you Mouri.

"What are you two whispering over there? Come inside already, Shin-chan!" Yelled his mother, interrupting his thoughts.

"Hai!" Answered her son, irritated.

"Wait here and don't go anywhere, Shin-chan, Ran-chan," said Yukiko, scanning the house for someone.

"Chikage-chan! Toichi-san! Where are you? It's me, Yukiko! I brought my son and his friend along with me to teach me disguising techniques!" Called Mrs. Kudou, looking for her friend and her mentor.

"Oi, Kaa-san!" Called Shinichi, trying to call his mother back to stop embarrassing him. Taku (Geez)!

Ran giggled quietly at Shinichi as she was busy looking at the pictures when they didn't notice someone approaching them.

"Kaitou, there you are! I was looking for you! Oh, I mistook you for someone else," apologized an unknown woman, after poking Shinichi when he giving her a scary expression.

"And you are?" Asked Shinichi, defending Ran. Who is she?

Who is this woman? Thought Ran, hiding behind her childhood friend.

"Ah, Chikage-chan! That's my son, Shinichi and his friend Ran-chan!" Said Yukiko, coming to the rescue when she noticed them.

"Oh gomene, Yuki-chan! I thought he was my son. He looked like Kaitou except for his hair," apologized Chikage, looking at Yukiko and then at Shinichi and Ran.