Chapter 23: Pandora's Box Revealed

Kaitou's POV
It was 2:00 am and I reached Hokkaido Port. I rested at Hakase's place on the couch after brushing my teeth since dinner. The mini-earring Hakase gave me was black as I scanned for any signs of the black men.

------------------
"Use this mini-earring to communicate with Akai-san and Jodie-san. I gave one to him before he left to disguise as one of them. It's upgraded but it won't dangle. I put trackers on them. No one would suspect it," he informed, handing it to me.

"I've been meaning to ask you before, Hakase. Do you know anyone named Konosuke Jii?" I asked, receiving the mini-earring cellphone.

"Yes, except that I didn't know the thief uses my inventions in his heists," he chuckled.

Jodie-san walked over to us and Hakase nodded, then he left.

"Once you're there, I'll alert Rena-san about the plan when Hakase tells me you're at the location of their base," Jodie-san explained, toning her voice down an octave.

"I got it. I'll leave first thing in the morning, Jodie-san," I said, taking in her words by heart.

"Please don't do anything reckless, like looking for Snake," she cautioned, her expression serious.

"I'll confront him when the time is right," I assured her, chuckling lightly.
-----------------

"Kuroba-kun, can you hear me?"

A voice called from my earpiece, deep and low.

"Loud and clear, Akai-san."

"Since you're here, do you know how to get in?"