Chapter 16: Protect Ran Operation

Aoko's POV
As I was eating my lunch with Keiko, my phone vibrated. I fished my phone out of my pocket to check who it was.

It's Conan-kun. I thought, opening his message to read it.

Do you have Saguru-niichan's number, Aoko-neechan? I need to call him.

I texted Conan-kun back.

Wait just a moment, Conan-kun.

I scanned the 'H' section to look for the number of Hakuba Saguru and found it.

It's 094573082397.

I sent to him and he replied.

Arigato, Aoko-neechan.

I replied back.

You're welcome, Conan-kun.

I slipped my phone back into my skirt pocket.

"Who was that, Aoko?" Keiko asked, looking at me.

"I made a new friend," I replied, honestly.

Saguru's POV
It was lunch time and I was eating with Akako-san when Kuroba-kun went to seat next to us.

"Do you know something I don't, Akako-san and Hakuba?" Kuroba-kun asked us, suspiciously.

"What're you talking about, Kuroba-kun?" Akako-san asked, feigning innocence.

"I noticed that you were troubled when you came here and in deep thought while staring at the window, Akako. It's not like you," he replied, seeing through us.

"I'm not allowed to discuss it with you, ne Saguru?" She asked him, seeking help.

"Before leaving the crime scene with Aoko and her father, I saw Tantei-kun whisper something to you two, desho?" Kuroba-kun guessed, winning the argument.

"You already know Conan-kun's identity as Kudou Shinichi, desho?" I asked him, defeated.

"You, too?" Kuroba-kun asked us, shocked.

Akako-san nodded at me to tell him what happened to Kudou-kun and I dragged Kuroba-kun to a corner and narrated from the amusement park at Tropical Land and how the famous detective shrunk from the poison that was given to him by Gin and Vodka from that horrid syndicate, and how he was living his life as an elementary student with Ai-san who once worked there as a scientist because her older sister was shot to death and she revolted and decided to kill herself with that poison she created but shrunk her to how she was living with Hakase to hide from them.

"Kudou-kun and Ai-san have suffered enough, Kuroba-kun," I concluded, ending the explanation.

"May I ask Akako something first?" Kuroba-kun asked, seeking my approval.

"I'll ask Akako-san first if she's done eating. You stay here because I want to hear what your question is, also," I replied, leaving him here and returning to her.

Upon reaching the table, I asked my kanajo if she's done eating

"Hai. What did he say, Saguru?" Akako-san asked, turning to me.

"Kuroba-kun wants to ask you something and I told him that I wanted to hear what he'll say to you, Akako-san," I replied, waiting for her.

"Okey then," she said, getting up and following me to him.