Chapter 19: This Is My Case

Akako's POV
Back at my mansion, I asked my crystal ball about the red omen that would occur tonight.

"A female with platinum blonde hair and her comrades are plotting to kidnap a girl the same age as you at the museum, Akako-sama," my crystal ball replied.

"Is that female Vermouth? Saguru warned me about her from Kudou-kun when he went to the restroom earlier at Agasa Hakase's house and that she has disguising skills like Kuroba-kun. I hope nothing bad happens to Ran-san and Aoko-san. How about Kuroba-kun and Kudou-kun?" I asked, wearily.

"This is what will happen to them, milady," she answered, showing an image of 2 figures facing each other on the rooftop and a dark shadow obstructing the moonlight.

It's Spider! I need to stop him! I thought, watching it change with Kuroba-kun paralyzed on his left arm and helpless and Kudou-kun disturbed and caught in a nightmare in his control.

"I have to go," I told her, leaving the witch room.

"Matte, Akako-sama! It's Saguru-san!" She shouted, halting me.

"Doshte? What would happen to Saguru?" I asked, coming back.

"I can't tell you, but Spider has prepared something terrible for the 3 of them. There is a way to stop him, Akako-sama," she said, telling me a another way.

As Kid tricked the police with the ice he prepared beforehand and puffed smoke to get away using the staircase, I saw Kudou-kun head to the elevator as he passed Hattori-kun with the girls and Saguru opening the door to the emergency stairs.

Before I was about to follow them, someone approached me.

"Excuse me, Akako-san. Please bring Bocchama's clothes with you. He might need it," Jii-san told me, handing them.

"Of course, Jii-san," I replied, politely.

When I entered the elevator, my amulet glowed to give me protection as I reached the rooftop and concealed myself with a red cloak in time to see Kuroba-kun paralyzed, Kudou-kun trapped in his trance, and Saguru returning with a hose.

"What happened, Hakuba-san!? Where's Ran!?" Conan-kun asked, shivering in his soaked clothes.

Saguru saved Kudou-kun just in time before his body was manipulated! I thought, sighing in relief.

"I didn't know you would involve someone else aside from the target your boss from an unknown organization assigned to assassinate, Gordon Von Goldberg II!" Saguru abhorred Spider, saying his stage name.

"Tsk. I should've killed you since our last encounter when that female witch disguised herself as Kid to distract the police, Hakuba Saguru-san! Prepare to die!" Spider growled, venomously.

I won't let you! I thought, chanting a magic spell.

Then Saguru was being raised to the air off his feet.

"Give me power to stop Spider and his evil deeds!" I whispered, my red power emanating within me.

"Help, Kudou-kun!" Saguru yelled to him from above, hoarsely.

Then Spider threw a pin aimed at Saguru's heart.