□ EIGHT □

□ EIGHT □

"What are you cooking?" I asked, yawning as I padded into the kitchen.

"A stir fry, are you hungry?" Michael asked, glancing at me.

"Yeah" I replied, sliding onto a silver stool.

He glanced up from the frying pan again, turning the stove off. "Is everything okay?" He asked, moving away from the pan and standing in front of me.

"Yeah I'm fine" I replied, running a hand through my hair.

He frowned. "You don't sound okay" he said, leaning on his hand as he brought himself down to my eye level.

"Just tired I guess, there's only so many times I can go through a beating" I replied.

A flash of pain crossed his face. "I'm sorry I wasn't there" he replied. 

I shrugged one shoulder. "You can't always protect me, I need to deal with this myself" I said, my hands resting on the table and clasped.

Michael reached out to rest his hand on mine. The contact made me look up from them to look at him. "You shouldn't have to protect yourself from him, we should go to the police" he said, not noticing.

"No!" I exclaimed.

His hand tightened on mine before looking down and realising he was holding my hand. He let go of my hand and stepped back. "Why? They could help Hope, protect you" he said a little annoyed. 

"It's not that easy Michael, you heard what he tried to do to me, if I involve the police, the situation will only worsen" I replied, sliding off the chair.

I walked out of the room fustrated. "Hope!" Michael called out.

I stopped at the bottom of the metal stairway. "Look, I just want to protect you" he said from the kitchen doorway. 

I turned around to look at him. "You are my boss, not my boyfriend" I replied angrily.

I ran up the stairs, practically taking two at a time before emerging into my room and closing the door loudly. Sitting on the edge of my bed, I stared out the wide windows.

I looked down at my hands as my thoughts took over.

I knew he was trying to protect me but he just didn't understand. Harry was fully capable of hurting anybody. It was clear he didn't care who got hurt, I wasn't going to put more lives in danger just because of me.

I was probably being unresonable but I didnt want to be the reason some kid wakes up on another Christmas with their dad or mum.
No way.

I laid back on my bed, my feet dangling over the edge as I stared up at the ceiling. "I shouldn't even had come here" I whispered to myself.

My thoughts turned into packing, wondering if I could slip away. But where would I go? My father's face came into mind but I shook that away immediately. Truth was, I didn't have anywhere to go and that I was stuck here. That I might as well accept the help Michael was trying to give me..
But I was too stubborn to say that out loud.

Sitting up slowly, I glanced over at the door and made up my mind. I stood up and opened the door, walking back down the stairs. Michael was standing by the wide window, his back to me.

He had his hands behind his back, I reached the last stair. "Michael" I said, softly.

He turned his head slightly, indicting that he was listening. "I want to apologise for the way I acted, it was childish behaviour" I said, sincerely.

Michael turned around fully, his eyes studying my face. "It's fine, you've been through some terrible things, you are allowed to explode every now and then" he replied.

"It's no excuse" I replied, looking down at my fighting hands.

"Are you still hungry?" He asked, changing the subject.

I looked up at him and nodded. "Thanks" I said as he moved to the kitchen. 

I sat back in the stool and watched him put the stir fry away and grab some ingredients from the fridge. "Would you like some help?" I asked.

He shook his head. I heard my phone going off and I slipped out of the chair and ran into the lounge room.  My brother's number flashed onto the screen and I was tempted to ignore it.

Sighing, I accepted the call.
"Hello, brother" I said in greeting.

"Are you okay? Paris has finally told me everything" was his greeting.

"I'm fine, I'm out of the house now, I'm safe" I said, sitting down on the couch.

"Where are you, so I can come see you" he said as I heard rustling on his end of the phone.

"I'm in the city, living with a friend" I replied.

"You don't have any friends that live in the city, I love you lots but you aren't exactly the best at making friends" he said.

"Wow thanks bro" I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Seriously Hope, where are you?" He asked.

"I'm living with my friend Michael" I replied. 

"What! You are living with a guy? Right after Harry? Are you insane?" He asked, worry and shock coming through the phone.

"Michael's a good guy, he's protected me against Harry before and he's a gentleman" I said.

I heard his annoyed breathing. "Hope, that's not what I'm worried about, you haven't yet learnt what guys are like, you've been with one guy your whole life.." he trailed off.

"I think I'm grown up enough to look after myself, AJ" I said angrily.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" He asked, before huffing.

"So what? So what I've been with one guy my whole life? At least I don't sleep around like you and leave like you, leave me alone" I replied hurt and angry before hanging up the phone.

I pressed my phone against my eyes, hoping all of this would just blow over. "Everything okay?" Michael's voice asked.

I peeked over my phone to see him standing into the doorway. "Yeah fine" I replied before sighing.

"You truly are a horrible liar, do you want to talk about it?" He asked, tilting his head.

I shook mine. "I think I should just get dressed" I replied.

"Breakfast is ready" he said quickly.

I nodded. "Thanks, can I take it into my room?" I asked.

I noticed the flash of disappointment cross his face. "Yes of course" he replied, turning away.

A/N

Naww Michael just wants to help Hope.

I think Hope's just tired of everything crashing around her.
What do you think?

He's being so sweet.
I wanna cuddle him.

What do you think of this chapter?
Some progression.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Love, T xoxo