□ THIRTY- THREE □

□ THIRTY- THREE □

I padded out of the bathroom, freshly washed and I tied my wet hair up into a messy bun. Michael was sitting on the bed, his phone in his hand.

I slyly crawled onto the bed and wrapped my arms around him. I heard him chuckle. "You really are insatiable" he said softly as I rested my cheek on his shoulder.

"Maybe, but I don't hear you complaining" I replied as my fingernails traced circles on his shoulder.

"No that's true" he said, turning his head to look at me.

He gave me a small smile. "I have to deal with something today, are you going to be okay by yourself?" He asked, turning to face me fully.

My arms slipped from his shoulders, falling back on my side. "If you're going to work than I should too, I am your personal assistant" I replied, pursing my lips.

His hands took a hold of mine, our fingers entwining. "This isn't work business" he replied, looking away slightly.

I frowned but it clicked after a moment. "Oh you're talking about your secret identity you kept from me" I said, slowly pulling away.

"I really don't want to fight with you Hope, I told you I was sorry" He said, after sighing.

"I want in" I said.

"Absolutely not"

"Oh come on, you know you will never find a better driver than me and as for self defense, maybe you could teach me.. we could be a duo" I said, folding my arms.

"Hope, this isn't a game, I don't want you involved because you could get seriously hurt!" He exclaimed, standing up.

"Like being run off the road with a pregnant woman in the car?" I asked, giving him a look.

"Hope, please understand what you're asking of me.." he trailed off.

I watched him as his hands fidgeted with his jacket. "So what? I'm supposed to play the good little wife and stay home?" I asked, annoyed. 

Michael just turned to look at me. "I'm just trying to protect you" he said half-heartedly. 

"And I appreciate it, truly I do but you need to know that I can protect myself.. I've survived years of torture from my ex, believe me I can protect myself" I said, sitting up on my knees.

Michael ran a hand through his hair fustratedly.

I sighed. "What about that Murphy guy? Maybe he can be my bodygaurd or something.." I trailed off.

Michael's eyes shot to mine. "And you'd be perfectly okay with him protecting you with no arguments from you?" He asked, hope in his tone.

"As long as I can be in your world, all of it.. even the dark and dangerous part of it, because Michael if what we have is real than I need to know.. I want to know all of you, every side.. the good, the bad, the ugly.." I trailed off.

I looked down at my hands which rested on my knees and hears him shuffle. His finger slipped under my chin and tilted my head up to look at him. I blinked.

"I hate it when you make good arguments, but I love that you want to be with me" he said gently.

I softened. "Of course I want to be with you Michael, that was never in question..does this mean I win?" I asked just as gently.

Michael sighed and leaned forward, his arms sliding around me as he pressed me to his chest. I hugged him back, my face pressed against his warm chest as he rested his chin on the top of my head. "Promise me, you will do as I say, with no arguments" he said.

I smiled, my mouth curving up. "I promise"

"This isn't a game and I don't want you to treat it as such, promise me you'll be careful, to always look over your shoulder" he said, pulling back slightly.

I pulled away as well, to look at him properly. "I promise" I said seriously.

"Go get dressed into something comfortable" he said, his hand snaking down my back.

I shivered from his touch. "Are you going to let me go?" I asked, smiling as his arms tightened around me.

"On second thought, we could spare a few minutes" he said as he leaned in close.

I laughed and pushed at his chest. "Stop denying the inevitable, let me get dressed" I said, as I pulled out of his arms.

He let out a noise of annoyance before looking at me as I strode over to the wardrobe. "There's something you need to know about what you're going to see today" he said, sitting down on the bed again.

I turned to look at him as I pulled out my black jeans, and a light pink sweater. "Okay" I said, pulling off my shirt.

"It was about the break in at the office, we found the culprit" he said as I slipped the new sweater on.

I glanced at him, shimming out of my shorts. "Who was it?" I asked.

He was studying his hand. "Harry" he replied, before looking up.

I froze with my jeans halfway up my legs. "What?"

"Harry was caught and was brought in by Murphy, we're going over there now to deal with him" he said, watching me closely.

I pulled up my jeans, doing the button up and turned to face him. "Deal with him? How?" I asked, undoing my hair and fluffing it out.

"Maybe I shouldn't let you go, you're too close to this case" he said, looking away.

"And you're not? Sleeping with his ex girlfriend while also having the pleasure of kicking his ass already, some might say you're too close to this case to" I replied, folding my arms.

"I'm not just sleeping with you, and I hope you don't think that's all this is.." he trailed off.

"You're changing the subject" I said, making my way towards him.

"I'm not changing the subject, I'm simply stating the fact that you mean more to me than just casual sex" he replied.

"Michael"

"Fine, yes I probably shouldn't be handling this case but I am because no one else can, besides he entered my business and tried to steal my information, so it's mine to deal with" he replied, standing up.

He looked me over. "Even when you aren't trying, you still look incredible" he muttered.

I rolled my eyes. "Let's go, we need to deal with Mr Harry Davidson" I replied.

"Okay fine, but you're driving" Michael replied.

I laughed.