□ TWENTY- NINE □

□ TWENTY-NINE □

I slung my bag strap over my shoulder as I picked up my suitcase. Moving towards my bedroom door, I pulled it open and looked up to see Michael leaning against the stairwell railing. I froze, watching him.

"Sure I can't convince you to stay?" He asked, looking rather sad as I walked through the door and closed it behind me.

His black hair was wet and pushed back like he'd run his hand through it a million times. His white suit shirt sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and the top three buttons undone, showing off his toned chest. His black slacks hung dangerously low. He looked like a walking wet daydream.

I cleared my throat, tearing my eyes away and looking down at my suitcase. "I think it's best I go" I replied, distractedly.

"And I guess I won't be seeing you at work?" He asked, pushing off the railing and walking towards me.

I looked up and my head tilted as his tall figure towered over me. "No, you won't see me at work" I replied.

Michae sighed and held out his hand. "Than I guess I should wish you farewell and I hope you get all the happiness you deserve, it's been an honour to work alongside you" he said stiffly.

I stared at his hand for a moment before holding my own hand out. "Likewise Mr Hayfield" I replied.

He shook my hand and I tried to memorise his touch. How calloused and caring his hands were. A part of me didn't want to go. He pulled my forward and suddenly I was in his arms as they secured across my back. I couldn't help but hug him back, breathing in his familiar scent.

"Please don't go" he whispered.

It tugged at my heart strings but I pulled away, ready to step out of his arms. Without a second thought, I leaned up onto my tippy toes and pressed my lips to his.

He didn't miss a beat as he kissed me back. I only meant it to be a brief kiss, a way of saying goodbye but once I started.. I couldn't stop.

My hands found their way to the nape of Michael's neck tugging at his strands of hair hard. He replied with a moan and cupping my left cheek.

His moan sent shivers through me and next thing I knew, my back was pressed up against the wall.
Tingles started in my fingers as I brushed them across his stubbled jaw. Time stood still for the both of us as his hungry eyes ravished my face.

I breathed deeply, my chest rising and falling quickly. "I shouldn't want you like this" I said,my hands going to his shoulder to steady myself.

"Hope, I will lay down my life for you, you are all I want, all I need" he said, his voice hush as he touched his forehead to mine.

The air between us mingled and sizzled. "Let me love you" he said gently.

My exterior cracked as I closed my eyes. "Okay" I answered, convinced.

I let out a squeal as he lifted me up, my legs going around his waist for support. I giggled lightly and his thumb brushed over my lips. He pressed me against the wall again and kissed me until I saw colour behind my eyelids.

My packed bags lay forgotten on the floor as he carried me back to my room. He kicked open the door after fumbling with the handle and took me inside, kicking it shut. I heard the click of the lock in place.

Next thing I knew, my back was pressed against something soft while Michael's hard, defined body slide against my front. He pulled me upwards into a seated position and our mouths met again.

I was lost in this moment, lost in the feeling of his touch. My hands found the buttons on his shirt and I didn't care as I ripped the fabric away  Michael didn't care either as he shrugged it off.

I could feel his skin, bare and warm. It rippled and contracted under my touch. Michael's tongue won against mine as he explored my kiss,his hands doing the same to my body. He roughly untucked my shirt and I put my hands up so he could pull it off.

Once I was free from the fabric, my hands cupped his cheeks, deepening the kiss. He pulled away slowly, my breathing ragged.

He trailed hot kisses down to the base of my throat before softly biting it. A moan escape as I felt him lean forward, causing me to fall back in the mattress.

He pulled away and steadied himself on his hand either side of my shoulders. He peered at me. "I love you" he whispered.

He leaned down and his teeth grazed against my earlobe and a string of mumbled 'oh god' left my throat.

Balancing on one hand, his fingers burned deliciously as he trailed them up from my hip to the top of my breasts. My back arched. "Tell me what you want" he said roughly.

"You" I breathed out.

"Louder" he whispered.

"You! I want you!" I exclaimed.

A smirk crossed his face and his fingers ducked back to my thighs. "Take them off" he ordered.

I happily obliged. "Your turn" I said too quickly.

My hands went to his zipper and he let out a groan.

A knock sounded at the door. Michael and I froze. "Hope? I think I should drive you home, I can't find Michael anywhere and that normally means he's beyond mad" Sophie's voice said through the door.

I pushed Michael off me and he landed on the floor with a thud. "Hope?" Sophie said, rstrking the handle.
I hurriedly pulled my shirt and pants on, fixing myself quickly.

I opened the door just a crack and put my head through. "Hey" I said as Sophie looked at me wide eyed.

"Hey" she replied.

"I'm going to head home tomorrow morning, it's a bit late now" I replied.

Sophie's head cocked to the side. "Okay, well I'll leave you alone" she said before walking away.

I closed the door with a snap and turned to face Michael, who sat up and ran a hand through his hair. "Sorry" I said quickly.

He shot me a look as he stood up. "One day, I'm going to make you beg for it" he mumbled.

I stifled a laugh as he pulled his zipper up and shrugged on his broken buttoned shirt. "Come on, that was pretty funny" I said still smiling.

He stalked towards me and pulled me towards him by the waist. "For you maybe" he replied before giving me a weak kneed kiss.

I melted. "Promise you won't leave?" He asked as his hand displayed wide across my tailbone.

"I promise" I lied.

A/N

Hmmm... that last sentence is a worry?
Sorry for no updates.. been super busy at work.
But now you have one!

What did you think?

T xoxo