□ THIRTY- FIVE □

□ THIRTY- FIVE □

I watched Michael as he hummed to himself comfortably. He was stirring a pot of something and he turned to look at me. "What?" he asked as I smiled at him.

"You should let me cook at least once" I replied, my phone lighting up on the kitchen bench.

I glanced at it before ignoring it. "I like cooking, it clears my head" he replied.

"I know that, but I feel lazy" I replied, shrugging one shoulder.

"Than if you'd like you can cook tomorrow night" he said as he sprinkled some parsley into the pot.

I glanced down at my hands, my knuckles red and bruised. Reaching for my glass of wine, I padded over to the wide window, crossing my arms and resting my glass on my elbow. Staring out into the city, it made me realise how small we all were. Cogs in a bigger machine.

"What are you thinking about?" Michael's gentle voice asked as he joined me at the window.

"I'm just thinking about how we are all apart of a bigger plan" I replied.

"It scares me" I added, looking down.

I ran my forefinger around the lip of the glass before taking a sip. "It doesn't have to, life is beautiful and we should all take it one step at a time" Michael replied.

I bit my lip, stepping closer to the glass. "Have you ever thought about what it would be like if you just stepped out this window?" I asked, glancing at him.

His expression caught me off gaurd. "I know it all too well" he replied.

"Before I knew I loved you, I would spend all day at the office watching you work and when you'd look at me- I'd look away. The day I saw you walk into my office with that poorly covered bruise... I had to fight every fibre in my being that was telling me to go find that son of a bitch and kill him" he said, taking a deep breath.

I studied him. "But before that, I'd come home and sit at the piano, staring off into space and I would imagine thousands of scenerios of where my loneliness would kill me" he said, his tone now adopting a shake.

"The moment I realised I was in love with you and there was no way I could fight it anymore, was your birthday and you came home drunk" he said, as he faced me.

My wine was forgotten in my hand as he talked. "I helped you to bed and you asked me to kiss you" he said again, his voice dropping to a whisper.

We were standing so close, a breath width apart.  My body was burning to be touched by him, to feel his calloused hands run across my skin softly. "And I did" he added, as his gaze dropped to my mouth.

In one fluid moment, I leaned forward and captured his lips. Tasting the bitter but somehow sweet wine on his tongue as I kissed him passionately.

His low moan, the way his hands slid across my skin as he held me flush against him. I lived for that feeling. Sliding my arms around his neck, I let out a giggle as he lifted me up and pressed me against the window glass. My legs immediately went around his waist for support as our lips brushed again.

Something mixed between a gasp and a moan left my throat, as my head rested against the glass. Michael's lips nipping and sucking at my neck and collarbone.

He pulled away gently and it took me a moment to focus on him through my haze. "I love you so much" he said as the back of his right hand brushed against me jaw.

I was about to reply before the smoke alarms went off and almost immediately, I dropped out of Michael's hands. Quick like the flash, he was in the kitchen and pulling the pot off the stove and turning it off.

I stifled a laugh as he ran a hand through his hair and looked at the pot with disappointment. I jogged over to the alarm system and reset it.

"Want to go out for dinner?" He asked as I walked back into the kitchen.

"Sure" I replied as Michael shot daggers at the food in the pot.

He looked over at me, a moment of silence passed between us. "Actually, I have a better idea" he said, a mysterious sexy smile lighting up his face.

"What?" I asked as he rounded the bench amd stood in front of me.

"Go have a shower and get dressed into something simple" he said, pulling me off the stool.

"Okay?" I said as he lightly pushed me in the direction of the spiral stairs.

I bounced up the stairs and into my room, getting ready as quick as I could. I pulled a black cashmere sweater over my freshly cleaned body before pairing it with a knee length white skirt. Pulling on some heels, I opened my door and passed Michael's room just in time to hear him swear.

"I don't give a fuck if he's unconscious, wake him up and get me answers" he swore through the door.

I pressed close to listen. "No, you listen to me Murphy, he does not get any immunity from me, when he decides that he will give up his employer than we'll talk.. I paid you to do a job, get it done" he snapped.

Without knocking, I pushed open the door ad Michael paced his room shirtlessly. "Trouble at the office?" I asked, folding my arms.

"Nothing that can't be handled, you look beautiful" he said, seeing me.

"If you need to go, it's okay" I said as he came near.

He shook his head. "Murphy has it handled, besides I promised this beautiful woman that I was going to take her some where and I always keep my promises" he replied, taking my hands.

"Well put a shirt on, I don't need to be fighting away a gaggle of girls all night" I said smiling.

He smiled back. "Yes ma'am" he said before kissing the back of my hand and letting go.

A/N

At least nothing is spoiled between these two. I love Michael and Hope.

They are adorable. I wonder what this surprise is though!

Don't forget to vote, comment and check out
ProjectWeGirlsMatter

I am proud to say I am now a proud supporting member of the WeGirlsMatter Project!
Check out their books in my reading list dedicated to them and read what they are all about!

Back to Hope and Michael!

Lots of love,  tavana xoxoxoxoxoxoxox