1. Jerome Valeska

Hey, it's the author. Well this is awkward. Okay, so I wrote this when I was a little twat so yeah. If there's any mistakes be free to tell me, but I've got 80+ chapters, I'm sure there's going to be a mistake or two. If you're like: "80 chapters, oh hell no mate", quite a few chapters are short, but they get longer a bit later. I first wrote this as a X Jerome fanfic, but then Jeremiah came along so I had to add him in. He'll be here a lot later.

This gets into the show pretty quick. When I wrote this I didn't particularly understand that I should've shown the bond, so in like the third episode Lila is dead.

But, I just wanna put this in here after having some comments saying how someone doesn't like the plot or how I should change it. Now, I'm all up for constructive criticism, but not straight up people telling my writing is shit. If that's your point of view, I respect that, but I don't really want to know how I should change my plot line and characters for ya. I've already written 80+ chapters, so please don't go onto the first few and be like "oh you better not do this" or something. I've probably already done it, or I haven't. thank you my dudes.

Also, I have another Gotham story up on my page, which is basically a fluff. It's about Jimbo adopting a kid yadayadaya, and she meets Nygma, Oswald, Victor Zsasz and obviously Jerome. It's called 'Alleys'. Give it a try, if you want ;)

okay, so here we goooooo (that original Disney intro holy shit I'm gonna cry that was the bomb)

Keep in mind, this is cringey and it kills me on the inside when I re-read my work, because this was written when I was a young laddette.
----

Sam's P.O.V. (younger here)

The old man, Mr Cicero, I think, trudges away from Jerome. It's my chance to speak to him alone.

My feet instantly move towards him, and he spots me, his bluish-green eyes alert with... fear? All of a sudden, the realisation hits me. His mother. Lila Valeska. Silly men find her pretty, but I only see her for what she really is. A horrible woman. She's a word my mommy won't let me say.

He quickly wipes the tears from his cheeks, avoiding my eyes while squirming on the bench.

"Jerome?" I say, trying to hide the sadness in my voice. He looks up at me, and that's when I notice the bruises on his cheeks.

"Oh my gosh," I kneel down in front of him, wincing at the blood flowing from his red nose.

"It's okay, Sam. I'm fine," he lies, his cheeks flushing red from embarrassment, even though he knows I wouldn't judge him for this. Ever.

We're too young to deal with this. Then again, by the time I was six I was already acting like a ten year old. We both needed to grow up in this place. Now, being nearly eight, I'm tougher than I was. But if I tell Jerome that he'll laugh at me. I am tough, but the silly redhead thinks I'm like a bunny. Stupid ginger.

"Jerome. I know that's not true."

"She's messing around with some guy," he mutters sadly, tilting his probably pounding head towards the vehicle behind him. I finally notice the sounds of giggling in it.

"I'm pretty sure she forgot it was my birthday," he sniffs with another tear rolling down his face, "I'm nine today, and she doesn't care."

"Jerome, your mother may not care, but I know someone who does."

"Who?" I see the slight hope in his eyes. It's small, but I can still grip onto it, and maybe grasp it so that it'll never leave him.

I reach into my rucksack, pulling out a small box, and opening the lid of it.

"Me, silly," I chuckle, watching his reaction closely.

He peers down at the cake, gently taking it from my hands. It messily reads 'Happy Birthday' on it.

I rub the back of my neck nervously, a red flush enveloping my face in a warm embrace. "S-Sorry," I stutter, fearful of his reaction, "I didn't have the money to buy one so I-"

He quickly pulls me into a hug before I can reply, his arms wrapping around my small waist as I place mine on his shoulders, my hands going through his oh-so-touchable red hair.

"Thank you," he sighs, still not letting go of me.

"Anytime, ginger."

He pulls away from me, a small grin on his face. He always could snap from one emotion to another. Sadness, happiness, and playfulness.

"Shall we go draw on one of the Grayson's while they sleep?"

I nod, forcing a grin even though he still is bleeding, "Yeah."

He stands up, and slowly slides his hand into mine.

"Can you promise me something, Sam?" He says, after we start walking towards the nearest trailer.

"Depends what it is," I joke, but spot the serious expression on his face. He's never usually serious.

"That you'll never leave me," his pleading eyes once again fill with tears as he looks at me, hoping I will tell him what he wants me to. "Like, I mean you can leave this dump, but-"

I stop in my tracks, and he does too, clearly anxious about how I'll react.

"Jerome, you know I could never leave you. Not ever."

He smiles, "Good."

I feel his hand snake up, grabbing onto my own, as if scared that I'll leave him.

"You're my best friend... and you will always be the best thing that's ever happened to me," he tells me seriously, causing me to giggle.

"You'll always be my best friend too... Last one to the park is a loser!" I shout, playfully pushing him and starting to run.

"Hey! No fair!"