33. The Circus Part 4

THEY ADDED SEASON 4 OF GOTHAM TO NETFLIX GUYS I DONT HAVE TO WAIT A WEEK FOR THE NEXT EPISODE I'M SCREAMING YESSSSS

----

Jerome's P.O.V

After an unconscious little Bruce is handcuffed to a pole that is attached to a set of wheels, I decide to check on Sam.

She's been tied down to a chair behind the curtains of the main stage, but is in a separate room to Wayne so they don't think of any plots to escape together. I think it's probably one of the changing rooms, but to be honest I don't care.

Of course, I told all of my followers that if they touched her I would flay them alive and make them eat their own guts, and since they all took the warning so well, no demonstration was needed.

I open the door to the room I know she's in, shutting it quietly behind me after I've stepped through.

I realise that she's awake when her breathing hitches, and her head slowly lifts up from its position on her shoulder.

"You're awake. That's good."

She groggily looks around, before looking up at me, "W-Where's Bruce? What did you do to him?"

"Oh, he's fine. For now," I casually lean back on the door behind me, playing with the switchblade between my fingers.

"The GCPD will be here soon. Bruce won't die," she confidently says, but I can tell she's only reassuring herself.

"The GCPD?" I scoff. "And your beloved hero, Gordon? By the time they're here me and you will be long gone, and so will Bruce."

"What do you want from me?" She fights back the tears threatening to pool out from her large, innocent eyes.

"What do you mean?" I ask, but I know what she's talking about.

"Are you going t-to chase me every time I run? Until you're bored of using me as some type of entertainment? Do you enjoy seeing me like this?"

"I won't ever be bored of you. And no, I don't like seeing you like this. But it's the only way I'm gonna get to see you at all, so it'll do. So yes, if you do run, I will chase you," I move closer to her, growling quietly, "and you won't like it when I catch you, which I will. As I said before, if you'd have paid attention, I don't want to hurt you. But if you make me mad by running away... who knows what I'll do."

----

Sam's P.O.V

"Leave me alone," I force the words out, and they leave a bitter taste on my tongue.

Dark and possessive Jerome washes away in a second, and it's replaced with the cheery and sadistic one. Which one I'm more afraid of, I don't know.

"Sorry, I can't do that, dollface. You're my guest of honour tonight!" He exclaims.

"W-What?"

"I told the crowd out there about you! And they really wanna see the girl their leader, that's me of course, fell for when they were sappy and horny teenagers and never stopped loving even after killing his whore of a mother!"