Chapter 3 - Strangers, Yet Friends

Chapter 3 is up and running! It's around this point you're gonna get some poetic chapter names, instead of just the names of our four main characters! I already have the story outlined so I have the chapter names for them all!

...I also had the realization that the Defense Destroyers are a lot like the Fantastic Four. Think about it: Four friends (three male, one female), all of whom different in some way, and their team name starts with the same letter. Their personalities even match up! Gentle giant (Bulldozer/The Thing), smart nerdy boi (Mr. Fantastic/Randy), graceful woman (Invisible Woman/Olivia) and hotshot (Copper/Human Torch).

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and if you like the story, why not do me a favor and vote + comment on it? I would REALLY appreciate it if you did! Thank you ahead of time!

---

Chapter 3

Strangers, Yet Friends

"Sister Olivia, please, stop!"

"It hurts - it hurts so much -"

Screaming. Pain. Blood. Organs. Oh, so delicious. Without faltering, Olivia woke up to see the gore she had caused. It was all her fault. She picked up the katana her sister Sylvia used, the blood on her face and her tears dripping onto the blade.

"...I'm sorry, my sisters."

And then Olivia was awake, gasping and coughing. From the way she spluttered and struggled to get up, one would think that she had been saved from drowning had she not been bone dry. Bulldozer glanced over at her, mildly relieved that she was awake. He didn't want to be the cause of a death - worst case scenario; she would've been the second death because of him.

"Good, you're up." He mumbled. Bulldozer soon returned his gaze to out the window; paranoid that someone would figure out that he was the one who hurt a Summoner and come after him.

Olivia slowly turned to him, before she remembered what she had tried to do to him. "...Why didn't you...?"

"Kill ya?" Bulldozer finished her sentence for her. "Wouldn't've been right. Already might've caused someone to die, don't want someone else's blood on my hands."

Olivia was curious, but didn't push the issue about Bulldozer's potential murder.

"Ya don't have to lie to me, either. I know you're The Consumer."

Olivia's eyes widened a fraction. "H-how did you -"

"You're a monster that tried to eat my flesh. How could ya not figure it out?"

Olivia fell silent at this. She...couldn't argue with Bulldozer's logic. After a minute or two, Bulldozer began to speak again, trying to fill the now awkward silence between the two. Olivia briefly noted that she was lying on her bed in the hotel room she had rented out. How Bulldozer figured out where she was staying, she would have to ask later. Olivia's body practically screamed for flesh, which made it difficult to concentrate.

"I just wanna know: why?"

"Because I need it." Olivia knew exactly what Bulldozer was talking about. She sat up on the bed. Her yellow and white uniform was wrinkled, but that's what to expect after passing out with someone at your throat - quite literally. Olivia shook her head a tad.

"...For as long as I could remember, I've needed the flesh and blood of monsters. When it first started, a drop of blood was all that needed to calm a strange feeling in my body." Olivia started. "One drop became two, two became four, four ten, and before I was five I was purposely creating cuts and gashes on my friends to suck out some of their blood."