Chapter 8 - Unknown Reasoning

So who's ready for another chapter of Defense Destroyers? Some of you all thought you missed something from the last chapter, like maybe you guys skipped a chapter or two. I reassure you guys, you did not. I just thought "hey, let's put some Olivia backstory in this chapter," and before I know it the whole chapter was Olivia L O R E. So, the stuff that was originally going to be a good majority of Chapter 7 is now Chapter 8. Let me know if you guys wanna see more L O R E chapters in the future!

Unfortunately, though, Defense Destroyers updates are probably gonna slow down from here, because I've officially "the slump."Any other writers here should know what I mean by the slump.

These chapters take a long time for me to write, and I would really appreciate it if you would vote and comment on the chapters that you liked! Thank you all so much, and stay as awesome as you are right now!

---

Chapter 8

Unknown Reasoning

"Why does he protect us?" Olivia wanted to ask so badly. But she knew that now would not be the correct time to do so; the look of pure determination on Randy's face told her so. And besides, it wasn't like Randy wanted to protect her; it was more like investigation and self-preservation.

Copper's hammer sparked with electricity; the bolts and zaps seemed to fit his personality quite well for some reason. Elementals surrounded the four of them; Kahli attempting to reason with her kind. It didn't seem to work out too well, as evidenced by Taharus leaping forward to strike Copper. This particular Elemental was a being of wind, green markings curling around his golden body; covered somewhat by a shoulder blade.

His claws made deep gouges in Copper's armor, nearly breaking through to the man hidden underneath the metal. Yet he could not fully penetrate through as Copper retaliated with his own attack, swinging his war-hammer and striking Taharus on the side of the head. The Elemental was knocked back as Kahli screamed for him to stop.

"Kahli, my sheila, I dunno if you're blind or something, but these brutes are tryna bloody kill us!" Copper snarled from behind his armor as Randy unloaded four arrows into an Elemental swiping at Kahli.

They're my people! I can't let you hurt them! Kahli hissed right back.

"Oh, so you're gonna let us all get killed, ya mongre-"

"Copper, don't provoke her even more!" Randy's voice cut through the tension. Though he hadn't really wanted to investigate (or move, for that matter), Copper had retaliated with a good point of "so you're just gonna sit here and die from getting eaten or something?" Randy had hated that Copper's logic made sense, but nevertheless they more or less managed to free themselves as the screaming of Kahli came from the dark unknown of the ruins.

By now, though, Olivia had blocked it out, along with all other questions floating in her head. Primal instincts took over as she sliced at another Taharus, putting him under lock down. Honestly, at this point she didn't even care that Randy or Copper had somehow managed to free themselves. Neither of the two noticed her, anyway; might as well not jinx herself or risk another fight after this.

Olivia had to find Bulldozer.

She drove her katana through the body of the Elemental, and the screams it made; oh, it was perhaps the very embodiment of a nightmare. But Olivia couldn't care, ripping the blade out as quick as she could and pushing the fallen Taharus to the side, advancing further. Kahli turned to see her leaving, and held her arm out, screaming for her to wait. Olivia still could not hear her, mind set on finding the only friend who hadn't abandoned her the moment he saw who she really was.