Chapter 5 - Princess of the Dead

remind me again why i'm tempted to have randy and copper make out

So as I write this author's note, it's 7/23/18. I just got a Hwa. I should probably be happy over Hwa but I'm not because I have like no idea what to do with my Hwa. She's apparently good in Raids and all, but I'm not sure. Can anyone here give me some advice on Hwa? Anyway, this picture above the chapter is my character design for Pandora. Not quite what you were expecting?

...I feel like I should also let you guys know that after this chapter, I'm going to take a break from The Defense Destroyers for a week or two. I'm starting to get burnt out, and this chapter was really hard to write. I kept coming to the page and staring at it, trying to get something done, and I had the ideas, but they wouldn't get into the paper. So I'm gonna take a break for a while to regain my love for this fic! Sorry!

These fanfiction actually take me quite a bit of time to write, and I would REALLY appreciate it if you could vote and comment on the chapters you like! Thank you a lot ahead of time!

---

Chapter 5

Princess of the Dead

Randy woke up screaming in agony. Olivia wretched once, twice, thrice, and then dashed away to throw up her mouthful of whatever she had eaten. It took Randy a few seconds, but he realized that his left arm was bleeding heavily. As a result of Randy's cries of pain, Copper jolted awake screaming as well.

"Oh, Jesus Christ – !" Olivia gasped.

"Jesus Christ my ass!" Randy hissed. "You're not the one whose arm just got bitten!"

"Crikey, what the bloody hell are you yelling about, Randy?!" Copper started snapping his head left and right.

"Goddamn it, Copper, I think I'm bleeding!" Indeed, there was a massive mark down his left arm; the flesh haphazardly torn out as if in desperation.

Olivia wiped her mouth and stood up, composing herself. That was the first time she had tasted flesh that had been downright nasty. The moment Randy's flesh touched Olivia's tongue; she knew that she wouldn't be able to stomach him if she tried. What the hell did this man do to himself?! Olivia internally huffed. She turned back towards the two, who struggled violently against their restraints, barking back and forth at each other about how it was each other's fault that they had gotten caught.

Copper said something about how had Randy not told Karl and Psamathe about who they were going after; they wouldn't be in this mess. Randy snapped back that Copper was the one who got himself into a brawl with Psamathe, anyway. Olivia realized for a brief moment that Bulldozer was strangely absent. Had she known that he was with Olivia's literal nightmare - the very being that terrified her to the very core - Olivia would have been instantly set into another panic attack.

Before they could dwell on that for longer, the ruins began to tremble with the pulsating energy of evil itself, swirling and bubbling up. Vrofagus Remains had been abandoned – what looked like recently, even – and though Olivia and Bulldozer had wanted to check it out (albeit warily and with Olivia armed with her katana and Bulldozer his fists), they also had other matters to deal with; namely, the previously-unconscious Randy and Copper.

"...What was that." Randy muttered, though he did not phrase it as a question.

"I vote we cheese it, break outta here, and run. Now, mate." Copper responded.

"You are not going anywhere!" Olivia screeched, but before she could launch into an interrogation, the ruins rumbled again. Pieces of the cave broke off and fell to the ground. In Olivia's gut, she knew that something was coming, and she wasn't going to like what it was. Without Bulldozer by her side, she...actually felt afraid, but decided to grit her teeth and investigate it by herself, but not before muttering a 'stay where you are or else' to the two bounty hunters.