Chapter Thirteen: Robin

(Robin’s P.O.V)

        “Hey, Alfred have you seen Bruce,” I called from my bedroom as I dropped my backpack near the door. I walked over to my computer and started it up. As the familiar star up screen came on I grabbed a t-shirt and jeans then changed out of my stiff uniform. Just as the computer’s login screen flashed on the screen Alfred walked into my doorway.

        “No, I haven’t seen Master Bruce,” Alfred said in his usual British accent, “nor has he contacted me. Do you think he might be in trouble?” I shrugged my shoulders, last time I thought he was in trouble he went undercover. I almost blew his cover and ended up getting a lecture about contacting him before trying to be the hero.  

        “I’ll try to contact him if he doesn’t show up for dinner tonight,” I said and logged in to my computer. He nodded and left probably to go start dinner. I sighed and opened a window to the internet. I browsed my social media but was easily bored by the hundred-friend request of people that I had never met before. “Why the heck do you friend me if you don’t know me,” I grumbled, “oh yeah because I’m famous and you want to brag to the world your friends with me.” I logged out and clicked on one of my favorite websites.  I put on my headphones and microphone while I turned on my voice modifier. I checked to make sure it was working and logged in to Superherochat which was for people that wanted to discuss things about the League and other superheroes. My screen name was robin7784nightwing8 and I became one of the most popular person on Superherochat and no one knew who I was.  

        I clicked the online button and open up a chat labeled I’ve got some news. Almost immediately people started chatting. “Hello, this is robin7784nightwing8 and I have some updates on the JL,” I said into the microphone.  Everyone started typing and asking what it was causing me to laugh. “I have just been allowed to disclose that there is someone that might be joining the team of sidekicks soon,” my voice sounding rough and older in my headphones, “of course we need to catch her first.” I laughed while everyone wanted to know who it was. I had gotten Batman’s permission to do this and update the world on the Justice League. Everyone online thought I just worked for the Justice League in a desk job, but they are way off. “I can’t disclose who she is or Batman might just kick down my door,” I replied to all the questions. This caused a lot of laughs and helped me start talking in a whole new subject. I was only allowed to tell the world so much and Batman always made sure I didn’t leak anything important, in fact, I had to turn in what I was going to talk about to him. Though it was a buzz kill it at least got him on board and kept the rest of the Justice League from kicking down my door.

        Two hours later Alfred was calling me for dinner. “Talk to you all later but I have to eat sometimes,” I signed off. I turned off my computer and went downstairs. “Is Bruce home yet,” I asked as I sat down.

        “No Master Dick,” Alfred said as he gave me my food.

        “Strange, I’ll have to contact him after dinner,” I said between mouthfuls. Alfred nodded and left leaving me alone in the huge dining room. I sighed and dialed him on my phone, but it went straight to voicemail. “Great he’s not answering,” I said and I stood up. The only reason he wouldn’t answer is if he was in trouble. I’ve known him to answer when he was in the middle of breaking out of a death trap so it had to be serious. I rushed upstairs and into Bruce’s library and went into the Batcave. I changed into my Robin suit and went over to Batman’s computer. I quickly typed in the password and located him from the tracker he put in his boot. 

        It showed that he was on the edge of Gotham in an abounded warehouse. “Why is he there,” I mumbled and programmed the location into my motorcycle. I raced out of the Batcave and went towards the warehouse. It took me forty-five minutes to get there and I found the Batmobile parked outside. I rushed over to it to see if he was inside but instead I found a girl with flame colored hair. “Who the heck are you,” I shouted at her.

        “I go by Flame,” she said as though it was obvious. I rolled my eyes and started walking toward the warehouse. “Hey, were you going,” she asked. 

        “Inside, that’s why I’m walking toward it,” my voice filled with sarcasm. She got out of the Batmobile and ran after me. “What are you doing,” I asked her.

        “I’m coming with you, that’s why I am walking with you,” Flame said smugly. I rolled my eyes and started working on getting in the building when all of a sudden she grabbed my arm and pulled me through the wall. My eyes must of look like there were bulging out of my mask. 

        “How in the world did we just go through a solid wall,” I almost shouted. She just rolled her eyes and press her finger to her lips. I glared at her and was about to say something when we heard a scream. I rushed toward it to find Carol crumpled on the ground next to Batman. “Why is Carol here,” I asked as I knelt down next to her.

        “Carol doesn’t go by Carol anymore, she goes by Angel,” Flame corrected me. I just looked at her and she rolled her eyes. “If you haven’t noticed Angel is protective of the Justice League,” she said annoyed. 

        “I do know that she is protective,” I said irritated, “What I don’t know is why she is here now. She never shows herself.” 

        “Well, she sort of saved Batman’s life a couple of days ago,” Flame said biting her lip. I just raised my eyebrows waiting for her to explain more. She sighed and continued explaining, “Batman had been stabbed and shot in the arm as well as shot in the chest. Angel ended up knocking out the Joker and taking Batman back to the place we used to stay at so she could take care of him.” Batman moaned and sat up.

        “Scare gas,” he mumbled and I pulled out the antidote. I injected it in Batman’s arm and he seemed to start coming out of his trance. When he finally snapped out of it, he realized I was there, “Robin? What are you doing here? Never mind, the tracker in my boot.” He rubbed his forehead and glanced around spotting Flame and Angel. “I thought I told you two to stay in the car,” he grumbled, “robin can you give the antidote to Angel, she must have gotten a face full of scare gas.” I nodded my head and tried to inject it into her arm, but the needle broke. Batman noticed this and took the antidote and put it in her mouth. She moaned and Batman sighed.

        “So Batman what is going on,” I asked. He just shook his head then bent down and picked up Angel. She moaned again causing Batman to look concerned. 

        “Shhh Angel, it’s okay,” he said gently catching me off guard. Batman turned toward me and said, “We need to get to the mountain and get her some medical help.” His voice was tight with worry.