Chapter Twenty-Eight: Broken

A/N

Okay I know I never start a chapter with an authors note but this is one is really important. This is the last chapter of Angel of Darkness. Personally I am so amazed at you guys for all the reads, votes, comments and help I wish I could hug you all. I am planning to make a sequel to this called Demon of LIght but that is all up to you guys. If you want a sequel than please tell me. Also please don't kill me after reading this chapter it was so hard to write and I wish it didn't have to end this way! Though I know all of you will....

Also I will be help writing my friends book called Dragon by midlightofadarknight. So please read that. Hope you enjoy -angelofadarksoul3340 

**********************************************************************************************

(Angel's P.O.V)

        I felt like I was flying as I sprinted down the bright hallway. My heart race, my breath came out ragged and my side ached from my wound, but I wasn't going to stop. I slammed against the metal door, trying to reach the screams of my team. The door shatter like a piece of glass against a hammer and shards flew everywhere. There was my team, each trapped in their own personal hell and I found myself ripping the cages apart. "Look isn't it my oh so perfect sister," I heard James sneer behind me. I turned toward him and saw the marks that lines his face. "Come for your little team," he laughed and I did the only thing I could think of. I hugged him.

        "James you have to listen to me," I said and I felt him stiffen under my touch. "Mom and dad don't care about us they never have," I told him and I saw his face tighten in anger. Before he could saw anything, I took a step back and let him see my wound. His eyes widened and shock crossed his face.

        "They weren't suppose to hurt you," he whispered and he crumbled to his knees.

        "Father did this to me," I yelled, "Look at what he has done!" James balled his fist and anger filled his face. "Do you remember what they put us both through," I whispered, "Remember what they did to me in Cadmus. I'm not their child, I'm nothing more than a puppet. " He looked up at me and his eyes widened. He reached out his hand and was about to say something when I felt a sharp pain. I look down to find the tip of a blade coming out of my chest and I felt my knees buckle. 

        "Mother, no," I heard James shout as the blade was removed and placed on my neck. Darkness started to come into the edge of my vision and I felt the knife slide against my throat. Then darkness overtook me and nothing was left.

(Bruce's P.O.V)

        We stormed into the room and I watched in horror as a woman slide a knife across Angel's throat.  I froze in my tracks and everything became a blurr. I watched as James roared in anger and attacked the woman and killed her. I watched as another man grabbed James and snapped his neck and saw Superman surge forward. I stumbled over to Angel's body and crumbled next to her. "No," I heard Robin shrieked as he broke free and rushed to my side. I heard an angry shout from Superboy. Though nothing mattered as I held Angel. Her bright blue eyes no longer held her spark and had gone out.  My breath froze in my throat as I choaked but a sob. She was gone. Nothing could bring her back. Anger filled me and I stood up with Angel's body. 

        "Angel will be buried with honor," I said and the team all looked up at me. Each of them had tears in their eyes and they were all on their knees. "It's time the world knew the truth behind her story and I won't let her life be in vain," my voice echoed throughout the room and I turned and left. 

(Third P.O.V)

         Silence seemed to echo across the courtyard of the Carol Memorial in Gotham as Batman stood on the stage. It was supposed to be the opening but soon it would restart and rebuild. Everyone watched as Batman strode to the microphone and waited for what he was about to say. "I know this memorial was meant for a girl who so called died over seven years ago," his voice holding pain. "The truth is she didn't die seven years ago, she died yesterday," his words cause a stir in the crowd and he raised his hand for silence. "The truth is her parents faked their deaths and set it up for her to be taken down into Cadmus," anger was heavy in his voice, "They tortured her and made her into a living weapon. A weapon to destroy the Justice League." Someone shouted and curse toward her and Batman's face become enraged.  "She decided that she wasn't going to be their weapon and escape," Batmans's voice dangerously close to violence, "She died yesterday defending the Justice League and she deserves much more than just to be a forgotten face in history. "

      *************************************************************************************

            Richard watched as Bruce locket Krystal's door. He stayed silent as Bruce lied to the public as he told them Krystal was going to tour the world. He barely was able to move, but he went to school and acted as though everything was fine. Her death hung heavy over him every time he put on his suit and every time he felt the weight of Angel's gift. He once tried to take it off to find that it was impossible and he sobbed when he realised what he had been doing. He had logged into superhero chat and told the world that it was really him (Robin) behind the voice and he deleted his account. He was broken and so was the rest of the team.

             Flame had disappeared and it was believed that she died, crushing Walley. She was still alive, in fact, she was in Angel's secret cave. Angel had left a note in the book she had given Flame telling her where it was and the single wish she wanted from Flame. "If you are reading this without me then I know I have somehow died. Faith, you were my best friend and you were the one who kept searching even when the whole world believed I was dead. So I have left you with a single task; find Andy and save him from my father," read the note as Flame screamed in pain. She grabbed some dye and tried to dye her hair black once more. To take away the mark of Angel from her but soon she found it impossible so she grabbed the scissors instead. Try as she must she couldn't cut her hair. Nothing could take away Angel's gift of flame hair.

         Wally and the rest of the team built a hologram of Angel and put the computer from her and the glass doll there. Everywhere you could see Angel's touch and the air held the sadness of the team. They didn't touch any of her stuff and left it where it was left as though they were waiting for her to walk in. Black Canary couldn't get any of them to talk and she, herself felt the edge of the pain. Batman kept her uniform in a glass case with her new utility belt and a picture of her. "Maybe one day she will come back," they all thought but they all knew she wouldn't. 

The problem wasn't that she was not coming back. The true problem is how she would.