Chapter Sixteen: Worst School Day Ever

(Robin’s P.O.V)

                I grabbed a piece of toast and rushed out the door. I am so going to be late, I thought as I scrambled into the car. Alfred raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything and started the car. I sighed, wishing that I didn’t have to go to school today. Angel had joined the team two days ago and Batman had announced that she was going to stay with us not at the mountain. The whole team was confused when announced it and Megan was disappointed. She was hoping that Angel would come with her and Conner to their school. I chuckled at the memory and checked over my homework. By the time, I finished checking we had gotten to school and I rushed inside. The bell rang just as I got in and I raced to my class. I got yelled at by three adults to slow down, but I kept racing down the hallways. I skidded into class just as the late bell rang and I slipped into my desk. My teacher Mr. Sevens glared at me while I got my things out and I had to stop myself from laughing. Everyone is terrified of him because of his famous glare, but they haven’t seen a glare until Bruce gives it to them. “It is time to turn in your book reports,” Mr. Sevens said harshly and I stood up with the rest of the class. We each handed in our book reports and took our seats again. After he had received the last report, he stood up and started the lesson about Shakespear. I rolled my eyes, I already knew everything there was to know about Shakespear because of several missions and Bruce drilling it into me.

                When the bell finally rang all the students jump up and fled from the class. Before I could I felt and hand grab me shoulder and I almost flipped the person until I realized that it was Mr. Sevens. “Mr. Grayson can you take a seat please,” he said gently. I sighed and took a seat, he better give me a pass for this. I sat down and leaned against my elbow then quickly switched arms. I had forgotten about my injured arm from fighting the Joker. Mr. Sevens was watching me then he leaned forward and sighed. “I know I am not the type of person who you would usual tell things to,” his voice surprisingly tender, “But I have to ask you a question.” Great now I get a private pop quiz. I must have looked annoyed because he sighed and ran his hand through his hair. Why does everyone do that? “Richard,” he said and I raised my eyebrows at my first name, “Is Bruce Wayne abusing you.” A minute ticked by in silence and I was taken back in shock.

                “Why the hell would you think that,” I yelled as I jumped to my feet. “Bruce has given everything that I have ever needed,” my voice getting louder which word, “he has never abused me. So leave my family alone.” Mr. Sevens was taken back. Before he could say anything else, I stormed out of the room and called Bruce.

                “Dick aren’t you supposed to be in class right now,” Bruce said when he answered the phone. I rolled my eyes then told him what happened not even bothering to lower my voice. He was silent for a second then told me to meet him back at home. I hung up and then started walking home but before I could get half way to the manor Bruce saw me then picked me up. I got in and sat down next to him with a huff. “Bad day at school,” he asked causing me to burst out laughing. He chuckled then told the driver to start heading back to the manner. We rode mostly in silence and when we got to the house Bruce got out and I followed close behind him. I had finally calmed down and I was about to head upstairs when Bruce told me to come with him. I sighed then followed him to the downstairs study. He opened the door and motioned me inside and I did. I sat down and Bruce sat down next to me then sighed. “Look Dick,” Bruce said gently, “Because of what we do and how much we get injured it is rational for your teacher to believe that. Also, you need to stay calm when it someone does confront you like Mr. Sevens.” I sighed, I guess I had just overreacted because how much Bruce had done for me. I nodded then glanced at the door to find Angel leaning in, smiling.

                “Hey Angel,” I said and she waved then bounded in the room. “How are you,” I asked and she smiled again causing me to smile. She always did that to me. Whenever she smiled, I couldn’t help but smile back. Am I losing my mind? Angel bounded over to Bruce and whispered something causing him to laugh. I was about to ask what she said when she bounced over to me and gave me a hug. She giggled then left the room before I could react. I felt myself blush and Bruce chuckled in response.

(Angel’s P.O.V)

                Today Dick had to go to school, and Bruce had to go to a meeting, so I was going to be left with Alfred. “Angel,” Bruce said as he knelt down in front of me, “You will do as Alfred ask, and you will not cause him trouble.” I nodded my head, and he smiled then hugged me. “Oh and Angel,” he said as he headed out the door, “Stay inside.” I sighed then decided to go upstairs to my room.  I opened my door and smile. The walls were deep purple that looked darker because of the black plush carpet and ruby red bed covers. I had scatter pictures of nature on the walls of my huge room and a silver framed mirror that was taller than me. It felt so strange to have such a big room, and I even had my own personal study. I sighed then sat down on my bed. What am I going to do today, I thought then I heard a knock on my door.

                I walked over and opened my door to find Dick standing there. He had his uniform on and his backpack slung over his shoulder. “So Angel,” he said while rubbing the back of his neck, “later this afternoon do you want to go to a movie or something?” I smiled and nodded causing him to smile. “Yeah, so we’ll go after I come home from school,” he said backing up. I glanced at my clock on my nightstand and noticed the time.

                “Isn’t it time for you to already be at school,” I asked and he looked down at his watch. His eyes widen, and he fled down the stairs and out the door. I laughed, now I had the house all to myself.

-----------------------------------------------A/N--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that I haven't updated early, I just had a lot on my plate. Anyways, who wants to know what Angel decided to do alone?