Part 15

This update is overdue, I am so sorry but things have been so crazy at home and at work but I am trying my best to update, I really am.

She scrunched her eyes and instinctively pulled the soft duvet cover over her head to shield herself from the blinding rays of the sun that flooded through a crack in the curtains.

She let out a soft groan of anguish as she turned to lay on her stomach. She pulled both hands on top of her head in an attempt to sooth the excessive throbbing and nausea that coursed through her. She had not drunken so much alcohol for as long as she could remember and now she knew exactly why.

Slowly she opened her eyes blinking as they finally adjusted to the light. She began to investigate her surroundings and immediately turned and sat bolt upright in realisation. She was not in the bed of the soft lilac guest bedroom but instead was surrounded by the red walls of Cristiano's room.

She scoured her brain furiously even though it was pure agony as to why she had ended up here. Suddenly the memory of her in the hot tub with Cristiano and her leaning in came into her vision.

'Oh my God!' she exclaimed both hands grasping the hair on top of her head.

She tore the covers off of her body to reveal her in one of Cristiano's shirts and a pair of his oversized shorts.

'What the hell have you done Clarissa?!' she scolded herself as she slung her legs over the edge of the bed and slowly made her way out of the room.

She kept her arms out, using the walls as support as she crawled downstairs.

Eventually arriving at the kitchen, Clarissa poured herself a cold, refreshing glass of water. As she took a sip, her eyes scanned the view of the back garden through the window. Sitting with his back to her, arms resting on his thighs was Cristiano who was no doubt going over the previous nights events, whatever they were seeing as Clarissa couldn't remember.

Putting the glass down, she placed her hands on either side of the sink as thoughts raced through her mind as to what she should do.

'You have to talk to him now, get it over and done with' she coaxed herself on.

Taking a large gulp of water in an attempt to calm herself down, Clarissa proceeded to walk outside.

She placed one foot in front of the other in an attempt to make the journey longer. However it wasn't long before she found herself by her best friends side.

She slowly lowered herself down to a sitting position beside him all the while he stared straight ahead.

The pair sat in silence, neither wanting to initiate the conversation; Clarissa followed Cristiano's gaze and couldn't help but smile. Before them was a small white rabbit hopping around taking nibbles of grass every now and then. They pair used to sit as children and watch rabbits come to the garden from the neighbouring field that ran along the backs of the houses. They would name them and leave out carrots and bowls of water and treat them like their own pets.

Unable to endure the silence any longer Clarissa spoke, her voice cracking from her throat being so dry.

'Cristiano' she began still looking forward afraid to make any eye contact.

'Don't worry' he replied 'we didn't do anything'

'We didn't?' she asked incredulously, the hint of relief evident in her voice.

'Even if we didn't...' she continued '...I still want to apologise. I have no idea what got over me'

'Admit it, you find me irresistible' he leaned over to her a smile creeping on to his face.