Part 16

'What are you talking about?' Cristiano carefully stepped over the broken glass shards towards Clarissa and placing a steadying hand on her left arm. Her body shook violently beneath his touch.

'I. I saw him Cristiano, honestly I did' Clarissa sobbed as he led her towards the dining table and took a seat opposite her, cupping her hands in his.

'You know that can't be possible' Cristiano said, although his quavering voice betrayed him.

'I KNOW THAT IT CAN'T BE POSSIBLE' Clarissa snapped displaying the defensive mode she automatically reverted to when she was scared, after a few minutes of silence, Clarissa sighed' I know hywhat I saw Cris and it was him'.

'But. How did he get out? How did he know I was here? What is he going to do when he gets his hands on me?' the questions zoomed through her mind.

'So, what do you want to do?' Do you want to head back to Madrid?' Cristiano asked.

Clarissa shook her head 'No. Let us stay for a few more days, I want to make sure that it was really him that I saw'

'You know his brother Roberto still lives in town, it could have been him' Cristiano tried to comfort her.

Clarissa nodded, although she wasn't one hundred convinced by this esplination, even though she trusted Cristiano with her life, she couldn't shake off the feeling that he was hiding something.

~~~~~

Ever since that day, Clarissa didn't go out of the house without Cristiano. As the days passed and there were no sightings of the red van or Paulo, Clarissa began to admit defeat and that she was being paranoid.

After a few more days, the pair decided that it was time to leave their place of escape for the past few weeks and return to the harsh reality of everyday life and the wrath of everyone as a consequence of leaving.

~~

As the tyres of the olane screeched to a halt on the tarmac of the runway, Cristiano took Clarissa's hand in his and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

He didn't say anything but the look he gave her conveyed his message loud and clear 'You are not alone, I'm here for you no matter what'

As they made their way through the airport towards the arrivals loud, Clarissa became aware of the increasing number of glances and murmurs directed toward them.

Quickening their pace, they stepped through the automatric doors the flashing lights from the mob that awaited their arrival.

'What? How did they know?' Clarissa whispered as they were swarmed and bombarded by fans and media alike.

'I know exactly how they know' Cristiano answered, his teeth grittef as he grabbed onto Clarissa's hand to prevent her from being swallowed up by the crowd and led her towards fiancée.

As the two approached her the flash bulbs went off even more ferociously , not wanting to miss a moment of thie showdown.

She stood in her six inch gold stiletto ankle boots, her arms folded, a look of pure unadulterated hated plastered hher face.

Her eyes immediately fell to their hands which were still attached.

Without hesitation she llifted her right hand and postwed.

'You see?' The two of them holding hands. She didn't even give it a second thought before staling the love of my life away from me'

'Oh please' Clarissa rolled her eyes as she watched Anselma retrieve a tissue from her clutv h and dab at tears that were not even present.

'The reason I'm holding Clarisssa's hand is to prevent ourselves from being trampled by this or should I say your mob. Nice touch by the way' Cristiano defended.

'Is n't it?' As soon asI saw a picture of you on Twitter boarding the place back here, I knew I had to come and welcome you home. Your little mistress too'

'For God's sake Anselma, she's not my mistredd, stop making a scene, we can walk about this when we get home' Cristiano ordered.

'Ok. We can talk about this when we get home, I'll listen to all that you have to say before rreconsidering whether or not to cancel the wedding'

She didn't know exactly how it happened but Clarissa found herself standing alone in the arrivals hall as Anselma skipped away linked arm in arm with Cristiiano.

Anselma dragged Creistiano through the exit towards her white BMW four by four.

She unlocked the doors and handed him the keys indicating that he would bedriving.

He placed his bag into the boot ands as he was making his way to the drivers side, Anselma cleared her throat in a exaggerated manner.

When he looked up she nodded at the door before her.

Cristiano sighed and drudged over to the passenger side of the vehicle and opened itr.

Anselma slid inside and inside and watched as Cristiano closed trhe door and msde his way into the drivers seat.

The journey home was a quiet one with neith saying a word.

Pulling up outside the house, Anselma stormed out of the eecar and into the house.

Alone, Cristiano pulled out his phone and messaged Clarissa 'I'm sorry' it was nowhere near the apology that she deserved but she would understand making is way into the house he searched downstaird preparing for his rtalk with Anselma, there was so much that he needed to say to her, Clarissa was right, he didn't have to constantly live up to the media portrayal of himself. He knew exactly who he was and he was loved for it by those he cherished most in the world.

He walked up the stairs and came to a halt outside the closed bedroom door.

Opening the door, Cristiano couldn't believe the view before him.

Strewn all along the bed and all over the bed where more clothes shoes and accessories than anyone could wear in an entire year,

'Anselma. When did you buy all of this?'

'I had to buy something to help take away the pain of you abandoning me'

'And you bought all of this with my money I presume'

'Well, I was hardly going to use my money' Anselma giggled.

'And when are you going to listen to me and my reasons for leaving, like you said at the airport'

'Oh honey, I couldn't care less about your reasons for leaving. I needed the sympathy from the media, the more publicity I get before the launch of the swimsuit range the better. This ensures more sales!' she squealed.

'Anselma, I didn't do this for the publicity, I did this because OI genuinely needed to get away. I'm having serious issues and doubts about well, my life'

'Blah, blah, blah. I couldn't care less sweetie, The important thing is that you're back ready for the cameras and media to be my adoring, repentant fiancé.'

That was the last straw and before he knew what he was doing he had taken out a suitcase and stuffed whatever clothes he could get his hands on.

'Cris, sweetie, what are you doing?' Anselma asked following him out the door.

She watched in horror as he flung the bag out the front door onto the driveway.

'Hey! That's Gucci' she yelled.

'Get out' he instructed.

'What?' she screamed.

'You heard me. Get the hell out of here. You're so selfish, spoilt, and self-centred who honestly I can do without' he folded his arms waiting for her to leave.

'You're going to regret this Cristiano Ronaldo and so is your little slut for brain- washing you mark my word' and with that she stomped out the house.