The Truth

Heya!!
Welcome to the next chapter. Let's see what we get to know here.
Howdy! Enjoy!
______________________________________
(Abhi's POV)

Darkness.

All I saw was darkness.

As the doctor said, because of shock my body was paralysed but my mind was alert. I heard people talking, felt them around me but that was it. I had no way of expressing how I was feeling. It was like being a bigger version of a helpless baby. Well, at least the baby could cry when they were in pain or they were hungry, they could smile when they were happy. I even did not have the way to do that.

And because of that I could not express the pain I went through when I felt Rohan sitting and crying beside me day after day. I tried so hard to sit and embrace him but I just could not fucking wake up. My heart felt a stabbing pain everytime Rohan fell asleep beside me while crying. I felt guilty when Rohan blamed himself for what happened.

No, it was absolutely not his fault that I ended up like this. Rohan did not know what was going to happen. I, on the other hand, had an idea of it. I knew that his girlfriend was a backstabbing bitch who was with him only because of his money and the Nanda Industries. But I had no idea that Shanaya would go this far to achieve her goal. Something like trying to eliminate a person was considered an attempt to murder.

Shanaya was the murderer here, not Rohan.

And again, Rohan was feeling guilty for something which his girlfriend was entirely responsible for. I knew Rohan. I knew that he was blaming himself day and night for my condition. He kept telling me that he was sorry, that he did not mean for it to happen. He continued requesting me not to leave him. And it broke my heart that he felt so insecure that he even thought that someday I would leave him. I felt guilty when Rohan talked about my promise of always staying beside him through thick and thin. It pained me that because of my absence he had to suffer so much. And there was no question of me thinking that he meant for my accident to happen. Rohan did not know the truth behind my accident. I did.

As my brain was still functioning, so being in coma gave me plenty of times to think. Think about my accident. I was one hundred percent sure that I saw Shreyan, Shanaya's brother, driving that SUV that day. And the night before my accident, I heard Shanaya conspiring against Rohan. So it was confirmed that Shanaya used his brother for my accident.

I reached to two conclusions after that. One, Shanaya knew that I knew about her and two, did Shreyan do what he did because he was siding with his sister or did he do it under pressure?

I was not surprised when Rohan told me yesterday that Shanaya might be cheating on him. After knowing Shanaya's true intentions, I knew that Shanaya never had any true feelings for my best friend. She thought of him to be a foolish idiot who was wrapped around her pinky. But she was clever. She knew that she was not the only one who meant something to Rohan, whom Rohan trusted blindly. And when she understood that I was not to be taken lightly, she tried to kill me.

Yes, the accident was to totally erase me from the world, I knew that. So I truely thanked the Heaven above that I was not dead. Though I was in coma, at least I had a chance to wake up.

I was shocked when Rohan told me that Shanaya wanted to meet me. She never visited me after I went to coma and I was thankful for that. Rohan trusted that girl and while I was helpless, she could do anything to me, like injecting chemicals in my saline or mixing poison in my medicines or something like that. I prayed to God for at least someone to be present while Shanaya visited me. But then again, she could bribe anyone. Money was a thing which made people do things they would never think about doing in their right mind. So I had a constant fear for my life running behind me. I was not afraid of dying. But my living was important for Rohan right now. I had to live for him-- my one and only love. Because other than me, no one knew that he needed saving. Literally.