End

Last chapter before Epilogue.
Howdy! Enjoy!
____________________________________
(Rohan's POV)

I stared at Shanaya, stunned and unable to say something. I felt my vision being blurred for a moment and I blinked rapidly to make it clear. For a couple of seconds I sat there, completely forgetting myself before it finally hit me.

Abhi was in love with me.

My best friend for fifteen years was in love with me.

The fact that Abhi loved me, did not make me more surprised than the fact that I never understood it. This all time Abhi loved me but I never noticed. The care, the friendship, the understanding nature, the staying beside me through thick and thin-- they were all there because he was in love with me.

Surprisingly it did not hit me like a tide. It felt more surreal, more common, like it was meant to happen. But the big question still remained.

Was I in love with Abhi?

A sudden groaning sound broke me out of my reverie. I looked where Shanaya had taken Abhi and forcefully laid him down. She was grinding on Abhi, a cruel smirk of lust plastered on her face. She snaked her hand into Abhi's shirt and stroked his pectoral muscles. Abhi flinched at the touch and tried to break free but because of two of Shanaya's men holding his hand, he could not do so.

"Tsk, Abhi, don't try to break free. For whom you're trying so hard? For Rohan? Look into his eyes then." She said and gripped Abhi's jaw before turning his head in my direction. She then leaned onto him where her lips almost touched his ears.

Our eyes met. Mine and Abhi's. And I did not know what Abhi saw in my eyes but in the first time in my life, I saw his eyes glistening in water. The intense pain and shame were so potent in his eyes that it suffocated me. A single drop of tear trailed down from the side of left eye and he gulped. His Adam's apple bobbed up and down.

My inside churned. Abhi's was so much in pain that it was even hurting me. And I did not need someone to tell me why my best friend was in pain. He was hurt because Shanaya was forcing herself on him. He was hurt because he thought I hated him. He thought that I thought he betrayed me. His unconditional love towards me shamed him because he thought by loving me, he broke my trust in him.

But that was not it.

Abhi had always been my role model since my childhood. He had always been the perfect person in my eyes. My family was never much for feelings, so that department of mine was always filled by Abhi. And to think that there was a meaning all behind it, it overjoyed me. I was happy because Abhi loved me. I was happy to be assured that he would never look at someone else the way he looked at me. He would never replace me in his heart. My place in his life was permanent.

I was not angry with Abhi because he loved me. I was rejoicing because I was Abhi's one and only.

"Rohan hates you, Abhi. He hates you because you betrayed his friendship. You betrayed him by wanting him when he has been clearly in love with me." Shanaya said in Abhi's ears. Abhi removed his eyes from me and looked at Shanaya with watery eyes. Then he closed them. His hands went limp in the hold of Shanaya's men.

He was giving up.

"No." The word left my mouth in a calm but strong manner. Shanaya snapped her head towards me before giving me a crucial gaze.

"What did you just say?"

"I said, no. I don't hate Abhi. I can never hate him. And if you think I'll hate him because he was in love with me while we were in a relationship, then you're clearly mistaking, bitch." I said. Abhi's eyes snapped open at that and he looked at me in confusion.