Chapter 10 - The precious gift

Aspen's POV

I rubbed my temples without opening my eyes. I had a pounding headache.

Suddenly, the scenes from last night flashed on my mind. Fuck! I opened my eyes instantly.

Dammit! I hissed under my breath, closing my eyes.

I opened my eyes and looked at Serena sleeping peacefully beside me on the bed. I leaned on my elbow and stroked her silky hair gently. She looked so beautiful. And now she was mine. My woman. She gave me the most precious gift a woman could give a man: her virginity. I was happy to be her first. On the other hand, I knew it was wrong; I should not do it to her. It would make her more heartbroken. I increased the damage that I caused.

Forgive me, my sunshine.

I leaned over her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. Then I got up and went to the bathroom.

After taking a shower, I wrapped a towel around my waist and stepped out. When I went back, Serena was still sleeping, the cover just covering her hips. I walked towards her and pulled the cover up, covering her perfect breasts.

I grabbed a black T-shirt and black denim jeans and put them on. I sat on the couch and leaned my head down, my elbows resting on my thighs, thinking.

"Good morning

"Good morning." An angelic voice interrupted my thoughts.

I lifted my head up and looked at her, biting my lower lip

"Morning." I muttered without looking into her eyes.

She wrapped the cover around her body and got up. She pursed her lips together as she closed her eyes. She must be sore.

I stood up and walked towards her. I placed my hand on her cheek and stroked it affectionately. She opened her eyes and gave me a shy smile.

"Are you sore?" I asked, stroking her cheek.

"A little." She replied, blushing as she averted her gaze.

"Sorry." I said honestly.

She looked into my eyes and smiled at me shyly. "Don't worry." She gave me a reassuring smile. She bit her lower lip and added. "I feel perfect, despite my soreness." She said shyly.

I smiled and pulled her into my chest, hugging her tightly. She hugged me back and leaned her head against my chest. I placed a soft kiss on her hair.

Serena's POV

"Hey, spill the beans now!" Elva jumped on the bed beside me as she asked, giving me a mischievous grin.

"What about?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"The reason for your smile and shining eyes." She winked at me, amused.

" She winked at me, amused

"There is nothing special." I lied, giving her a shy smile.

She raised her eyebrow at me as she asked, looking at me, unconvinced." Are you sure?"

"Umm...yeah." I muttered. "Let's go to the mall." I suggested, changing the subjects. She nodded and got up.

We bought a few dresses, bags and shoes. When we were passing by a lingerie shop, I stopped as a black lace lingerie caught my attention; it looked so sexy. I imagined Aspen's expression when he saw me in this.

"Elva, let's go here too." I said and walked in as Elva followed me.

After I had grabbed the lingerie, I walked towards a cashier. I handed her the lingerie and my card. I bit my lower lip, thinking about Aspen's reaction and what he would do when he saw me in it.

"Did someone discover a forbidden place?" Elva asked amusingly, giving me an inquiring look. "Did Aspen lose his chance?" She added, amused.

"No, Elva." I replied. I felt my cheeks turn crimson red.

She raised her eyebrow, looking at me, trying to understand if I told the truth or not. "Serena, you know you can tell me everything. I am your best friend. And if you move on from my dumbass brother, I will not be offended. On the contrary, I will be happy for you. He doesn't deserve you. He is a real fool. He just fucks his sluts. Sometimes I pity them too, poor girls think that he loves or will love them, but he just uses them for his needs." She said, giving me a sympathetic smile.

I bit my lower lip, staring away as sadness clouded my features. Does he use me too? I shook my head. No, he doesn't. He likes me. Yeah, he likes me. Yes, he was a playboy. But what is between us is different and special. But he has never told me he loved me, or he liked me. Serena, stop torturing yourself! You didn't tell him too. Our relationship is new, he wants to be sure before saying it. After a while, he will tell. Stop thinking about it!

"There is no one in my life, Elva." I muttered, looking at Elva. She gave me a smile as she nodded.

The cashier interrupted us as she gave me my card. I took it. I grabbed the paper bag which she extended towards me. Then we left the shop.

****

I put on a white shirt and blue denim jeans. After looking at myself in the mirror one more time, I grabbed my bag and left. Today Aspen and I were going to the horse riding club.

I gave him a smile as I approached him. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him and planted a chaste kiss on my lips. He held my hand and headed us towards his car.

He parked his car as we arrived at our destination. We got out of the car. He held my hand as he headed us towards horses.

We were watching the horses. Aspen wrapped his arms around me from behind, leaning his cheek against mine.

We turned around immediately as we heard a whistle. My cheeks turned red as I saw Uncle Mike and Aunt Barbara staring at us while grinning.

"Good choice!" Uncle Mike exclaimed, amused and winked at Aspen. Aspen smiled at him. Meanwhile, my cheeks got redder.

"Would these lovebirds want to join us for lunch?" Uncle Mike asked.

I bit my lower lip, looking at Aspen. He looked at me, asking for my permission. I nodded.

"Sure." Aspen replied.

"Great. Let's go." Uncle Mike said and went towards the restaurant, his arm wrapped around Aunt Barbara's shoulder firmly.

Aspen placed his hand on my lower back as he gave me an apologetic look.