Chapter 27 - Sunshine

Serena's POV

It had been a month since that accident. Yesterday, I went to an obstetrician. I was ten weeks pregnant. Fortunately, my baby was healthy. After that accident, I was so nervous about my baby.

Aspen accompanied me to an appointment with my obstetrician. As much as my father threatened him to stay away from me, he didn't listen to him. My family were still angry at him. Even Milan punched him when he had found out what Aspen had done. But despite all of these, Aspen didn't give up. He had been sending me flowers, gifts, chocolates and so on. He talked to me and asked me to give him a chance. He told me that he regretted what he had done, and he loved me. Despite that I was deeply in love with him, I told him that after all these things, I couldn't forgive him nor trust him.

Elva told me Aspen felt sad and depressed, and he had been keeping on drinking.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door opened and the housekeeper walked in, holding a gift package in her hand.

"Ms.Evans, it is for you." She said as she handed me the package.

"Thanks." I said and took the package.

As soon as she walked in, I unwrapped the gift. I took a velvet box in my hand and opened it. There was a locked-inspired charm in it. It was so beautiful. I grabbed it and looked at it, trailing my fingertip along it. The charm had warm yellow enamel, a sparkling diamond and the words 'You are my sunshine'.

There was a note inside the box as well. I grabbed it and looked at it.

Don't leave me in darkness.

Aspen.

I bit my lower lip as I remembered my conversation with Aspen.

Flashback

Aspen wrapped his arm around my shoulder and held me in his embrace tightly. He placed a soft kiss on my hair.

"Do you know why I am calling you my sunshine?" He asked, stroking my hair gently.

"No. Why?" I shook my head as I asked, giving him an inquiring look.

"I call you my sunshine, because when you smile, you brighten my day." He replied.

I smiled at me, blushing and hugged him tightly as happiness filled my heart. I was in love with this man like crazy. He hugged me back and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

****

I closed the box, sighing sadly and ruffled my hair, depressed as I placed the box on my vanity table.

Why are you still playing with my feelings?

I took a deep sigh and sat down on the bed. I placed my hand on my stomach and caressed it.

"Does your father really love me?....Or does he pretend again?" I asked, stroking my stomach gently.

I breathed deeply as I stood up and went to the bathroom.

****

My fashion show was today. Everything was ready for the show. I felt so nervous and excited. I was backstage, checking the models and clothes.

"Hi."

I placed the photos in my hand on the table as I heard a familiar voice coming behind me. My heartbeats increased. I bit my lower lip nervously and turned around.