Chapter 17 - Possessive

Serena's POV

A week had passed since my conversation with Aspen. After that day, I hadn't talked to Elva nor Aspen. I didn't want to see their faces. Yes, when I tried to have an open mind, Elva wanted to protect me. But still I felt offended.

I hadn't been leaving the mansion for a second. I had been laying on the bed. I didn't feel better; neither emotionally or physically. I couldn't eat properly; my nausea didn't pass. It was getting worse day by day. Moreover, every time I got up, I felt dizzy.

Someone knocked on the door and opened in. It was my mother. She gave me a slight smile and approached me. She sat up on the bed beside me and placed her hand on top of mine.

"What happened, Serena? Did you have a fight with Elva?" She asked.

"No, Mom." I lied, looking away.

"Boy issues?" She asked, giving me a slight smile.

I bit my lower lip without answering, averting my gaze. Tears shimmered in my eyes.

"Hmm. First heartbreak." She said, giving me a compassionate look. I forced a smile.

"Oh, my little girl grew up." She said, giving me a slight smile and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Who is that fool who broke my little girl's heart? Do you want to talk about it?" She asked softly.

I pulled back and wiped my tears off my cheeks. "Not now, Mom. Maybe later." I muttered. She nodded.

"I know you feel bad, but you should pull yourself together. You are young; you will meet someone who is worthy of your love, who will really love you. Not that idiot who didn't see what a beautiful heart you have. Besides, you are so beautiful." She said and squeezed my hand. "My beautiful little girl." I gave her a slight smile.

"Thank you, Mom." I said and hugged her. She hugged me back, stroking my hair.

****

I took a shower and put on a white mini dress.

I decided to forget Aspen. I wanted to vanish him from my heart, my mind, my soul. I would not suffer while he lived it up.

Tonight, I was going to a nightclub with Maria. I checked myself in the mirror and grabbed my clutch.

I parked the car in front of the nightclub and got out of the car. I gave my key to a valet and went towards the nightclub.

I was sipping my water while looking around. My stomach was still sick, so I decided not to drink alcohol.

Suddenly, my eyes laid on a familiar face. Aspen was here, sipping his whiskey while talking to his cousin, William.

Fuck!

"What happened?" Maria asked as she looked at the same direction where I was looking. "Oh, Aspen and William are here too." She said happily.

"Yeah." I muttered.