Chapter 24 - Russian roulette

Aspen's POV

"Come on, Dan." Uncle Mike grabbed his arm and pulled him with him.

My father helped Uncle Mike, and they dragged him out with them.

"Are you fine? Your nose is bleeding." My mother bent down beside me as she asked, worried.

"I am fine, Mom. Don't worry." I assured my mother as I stood up. My mother helped me to stand up.

"Elva, call a nurse." My mother said to Elva. She nodded and left in quick steps.

"I don't need the nurse, Mom." I refused.

I just want to see Serena with my own eyes to be sure that she and our baby are fine

Elva approached us with the nurse.

"Come with me, sir." The nurse said, gesturing to the hospital room.

"No, I want to see Serena." I refused.

"No, Aspen. Firstly, the nurse will stop your bleeding. Later, you will see her." My mother said firmly. "Don't worry, we will be beside her." My mother added, giving me a compassionate look. I nodded.

After the nurse had stopped my bleeding, I went to see Serena. I knocked at the door and walked in. I gave her a slight smile and approached her.

She averted her gaze. I sighed and held her hand. She gave me a disgusting look and pulled her hand away angrily.

"Don't touch me!" She snapped.

I breathed deeply. "I am so sorry, Serena. Forgive me, please." I said honestly.

She gave me a mocking smirk. "For what?! Because you used me. And like it isn't enough, you have been laughing behind my back with your....slut. Did you enjoy it so much? Seeing my stupidity?" She snapped bitterly. "You even tell her that we...slept." She muttered as her eyes welled up.

"I didn't laugh. And believe me, please, I didn't tell her about it. She understood herself. Believe me." I said honestly, giving her a begging look. She gave me a sarcastic smirk.

I breathed deeply. "Why didn't you tell me that you are expecting our child?" I asked.

She looked at me, puzzled. "I didn't? I told you. I sent a message to you informing you. But you..." She gave me a fake smirk. "You sent me a message telling me to get rid of our baby. Even you called him that thing." She said bitterly as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Hold on. What are you talking about?" I asked, confused as I ran my hand through my hair. "I didn't send it nor receive your message." I said.

"What?" She asked, puzzled. "Wait a minute." She said and grabbed her phone. She tapped something on her phone and extended it towards me. I grabbed her phone, rubbing the nape of my neck.

My eyes widened as I read the message.

'Get rid of that thing.'

I gritted my teeth. What the hell is it?! How is it possible?

I checked the time when the message had been sent. I clenched my fist as I remembered seeing Carolina doing something on my phone. She must have sent the message.

Fuck! Carolina! Bitch!

Bloody hell! She did it purposely. She purposely pushed Serena. She did it to harm my baby. I am going to kill her.

I placed the phone on the beside the table and sat beside her on the bed. I held her hand and placed a soft kiss on top of her hand.

"I am sorry, but I didn't know. I could never ask you to do it. Believe me." I said honestly and placed my hand on her stomach, rubbing her belly gently. She nodded. I gave her a slight smile. "And thank you, not to give up on our baby. Even thinking that you could get...." I closed my eyes, breathing deeply. Even thinking that she could get an abortion made my heart tighten. I leaned over her forehead and placed a tender kiss on her forehead.

"How can I do it to him or her?! He or she is so innocent. I couldn't do it to my baby." She said honestly, making me fall in love with her again and again.

"Our baby." I corrected her, rubbing her stomach. "He or she is so lucky having a mother like you." I admitted sincerely, giving her a bright smile, pure of affection and proudness in my eyes.

I adore this woman. My woman. The mother of my baby. Our baby.

"Who sent the message then?" She asked, confused.

I bit my lower lip, looking away. I sighed as I replied. "Most probably, Carolina."

She gave me a fake smirk as she pulled her hand away.

"After I broke up with her, she came to my penthouse and told me she wanted to talk. I left her alone in the living room for a few minutes. When I came back, I saw my phone in her hand. The date and time are the same with that day." I explained.

"If she knows, then...Oh my goodness! She pushed me purposely?!" She gasped in shock, covering her mouth with her hand.

I clenched my fist. "Don't worry. I will do everything to keep you and our baby safe. I will not let anyone hurt you or our baby." I promised.

"Just keep your slut away from me and my baby." She said bitterly.

"Our baby." I corrected. "And don't worry. She couldn't come near you again." I added.

"We will see." She said dryly. "If you don't mind, I want to rest." She added.

I nodded and stood up. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead. She looked away. I breathed deeply and left.

I grabbed my phone and sent Carolina a message telling her I was waiting for her at Central Park. I placed my phone into my pocket and stormed out. I got in my car and drove away.

When I parked my car, I saw Carolina leaning against her car, waiting for me. I got out of the car and rushed towards her. As soon as I approached her, I strangled her neck.

"You fucking bitch!" I snapped, strangling her.

"Let...go...of...me." She said barely, trying to release my grip around her neck, but I tightened my grip.