23

Of course we encouraged the adorable offer from Allie.

Christina did need sleep- and that was very clear to all of us.

She was very low on energy and the medicine wore her down even more- she should be sleeping all day long.

Allie demanded to help Christina to their room.

I held Christina from behind- to where Allie couldn't see me.

I lifted most of her weight- making sure she didn't feel any pain in her hip as she walked.

She almost fell into the bed, and I lifted Allie, letting her fall into the bed also.

I helped Christina slowly get fully under the covers, Allie climbing in right after her, cuddling into her big sisters embrace.

"Do you know anything about court dates, or what exactly is going on with that?" Christina asked me quietly.

"The court date is one day next week- but that's only if you're in a good enough condition to attend, which you should be much better by then"

"What happens if the judge says not guilty?" She looked to me.

I pushed her little hairs out of her face.

"Let's not worry about that" I winked towards her, looking to her tired face.

"Get some sleep- we'll talk about everything when you wake up"

I squeezed her hand lightly, leaving her and Allie cuddled up together.

About thirty minutes later- Allie entered tiredly.

"You got some sleep, cutie?" Ashton immediately asked.

"Sissy's sad" she announced quietly, climbing into Luke's lap, cuddling into his chest.

"Sissy is sad?" I questioned her, seeing her nod.

"She told you this?" Michael asked quietly.

"No" she mumbled quietly

"But she didn't sleep- she had tears" she explained quietly

I slowly got up- migrating to their room.

I saw the door open- Christina on her side, facing away from the door

I checked- making sure she wasn't asleep before I spoke

"I was informed that sissy was sad"

I slowly got into the bed with her, pulling her small body into my hold.

"She's such a snitch" she laughed out quietly.

"Is sissy okay?" I asked quietly, feeling her turn to where she could face into my chest.

She was quiet for a few seconds, before she exhaled quietly

"I'm scared of what's going to happen" she spoke- her voice cracking.

"The possibility of them letting your parents go is so slim baby" I breathed into her shoulder, pulling her even closer.

"With the proof, witnesses, and honestly- just your medical condition, if they say they're not guilty, we can hit them right back and get a second court date."

"I know he'll kill me if he gets the chance to" she exhaled into my chest.

"I promise you, baby"

"He will not get the chance to."