27

After about thirty minutes of us all sitting on the bathroom floor- playing a boring ass game of charades- we received a text from our lawyer- telling us it was time to go back.

Ashton led the group out, us all ignoring the glances of the people around us as they watched six people walk out of the family restroom.

Christina intertwined her arm within my own, walking beside me- staring straight forward.

"You okay?" I whispered as we entered the court room- seeing her own eyes meet mine.

"Yeah" she exhaled- letting go of my arm to grab Allie's hand.

"Perfect" she let a smile come through- joining her lawyer, Allie constantly standing close to her.

The entire courtroom stood as the jury and judge entered.

The judge soon told everyone to stand, making them do so.

The judge exhaled, rubbing his forehead.

"Some members of this jury found the decision awful hard- some found it much too easy" he spoke.

"Guardians along with Christina and Allie, please rise for the decision" he spoke, making Christina and Allie stand, looking to their own parents- who stared to the Jury member who stood to read the decision.

"As apart of the jury- we do pronounce George and Macy Gomez guilty of child abuse." He announced.

Christina.

My cheeks were on fire.

I felt my neck sweating.

I exhaled lightly

"As apart of the jury- we do pronounce George and Macy Gomez guilty of child abuse." He announced.

I immediately squeezed Allie's hand, feeling weight lifted off of my shoulders.

"Due to the jury's decision, Mr. and Mrs.Gomez, you are both sentenced to a recommended thirty years in jail- with no parole, case dismissed." The judge spoke, banging the gavel before standing- exiting as my mother and father screamed at the police officers who handcuffed them, forcing their bodies towards to back.

Honestly, it was very hard to watch.

My mother and father screamed and fighting against police as they were taken into jail for abusing me.

And it only took ten years for them to get caught.

I had to sign several papers- the court also making Calum sign- since he was brought in as Allie and I's new guardian.

As soon as we finished our lawyer.

"Congratulations, you're free sweetie."

And that's what made me break.

I immediately covered my face- feeling Calum pull me into his chest tightly.

I sobbed into his shoulder- feeling him kiss my head gently.

I felt Allie's hand on the back of my thigh until I heard a cheerful Luke speaking,

"Allie, let's go see if we can catch a butterfly outside!"

"I don't know why I'm crying" I sobbed into Calum.

He squeezed me even tighter

"Too many emotions in one little body, princess"