Chapter 2

"Glad you made it", Lindsey's monotone voice hinted otherwise. Lisa had arrived at Lindsey's glorious house, which was a grand as the inside. Lisa looked like a speck of dust landing on the duster. Lisa stood awkwardly at her door, not knowing what to say. Lindsey rose her thick brown eyebrows expecting her to move. " Well come in", she said bossily. Lisa walked in briskly, and stopped when she looked up. A large chandelier looked down on her, the large spike ready to penetrate her head. She looked back down.

" Kevin and Chen are already here. You're kind of late", Lindsey said. Lisa studied Lindsey. She had noticed a few things in class whenever she didn't look out the same familiar window. Lindsey was Type A. She was outgoing, had a lot of friends. She says she likes everyone, but Lisa knew otherwise. She knew that she put up a face. A full face  of not just concealer, but lies.

"I lost my way", Lisa said following Lindsey up her hardwood staircase.

"I gave you the directions. Do you not know how to read?", Lindsey's voice had a mocking tone to it. Lisa squinted.

"What gave you that impression?"

Lindsey rolled her eyes. " Nothing", was all she said. Lindsey looked down at the paper that Lisa held in her hand gingerly. Her address was written on it, a few numbers off of what was written on her actual house.

Hmmm.

They walked into her study, Kevin was reclined in a chair chewing on his thumbnail. Chen was cleaning his glasses, feet away from Kevin.

"Hi. She's here. Introduce yourselves", Lindsey said as she took a seat next to Kevin.

Kevin looked up and smiled. "Oh yeah its that emo girl who sits behind me. Yeah I know her", he said.

Lisa glowered at him. "Are you kidding me? I'm not emo!"

Kevin raised an eyebrow. "Hmmm I don't know. You like never pay attention in class  and you have your hair and makeup done like one of the members from KISS".

"Okay, but how does me not paying attention in class have anything to do with me looking like hard rock musician?", Lisa glared at Kevin.

"Because I know you're the smartest in the class", Kevin answered.

Lisa felt angry. She only agreed to come to Lindsey's house to do their project, not get interrogated by a person who wore Adidas pants every day of the week.

" Okay, do you by any chance own anything besides Nike's, Adidas, and  any other sportswear"-

"It's comfy"-

"You're lazy. You make no effort. And you never decided to say an apology after hitting my freaking boob the other day!" Lisa was now in Kevin's face. She hated how he was so calm.

"I already told you sorry", he said enjoying how worked up she was getting.

"An actual apology!", she said her voice rising.

" Oh shut up Lisa!", Lindsey stepped in. Her eyes were wide and her mouth was slightly open.

"We came here, to work on a project. So we need ideas", she said.

Lisa took a seat far away from Kevin. She sat next to Chen, who has said nothing the entire time. It was silent, and Lindsey looked at them in disbelief, since no ideas were being shared.

"You're kidding", Lindsey chuckled dryly.

" War, conflict, suffering", Kevin mocked Ms. Cain's high shrill voice.

"Very funny Kev, think of something along that line", Lindsey sighed.

"I really don't know", he said.

Lindsey looked at Chen. " Chen, do you have any ideas?" Chen looked at her, and went back to cleaning his glasses which he had been cleaning for far too long.

" Thanks", Lindsey said passively.

It was silent. Lisa was starting to lose patience. She knew if anyone could help them maintain a good grade in the class it was her. She knew she was smart. Lindsey knew she was smart. Chen and Kevin did too. But she wasn't going to let them trample her just so they can get a grade they didn't deserve.

"Lisa, just spill already", Lindsey said.

Lisa looked up. " What?"

"I don't know why, you decided to go all quiet, but we need an idea. We procrastinated far too long, and we only have a week. We have nothing!", Lindsey told her.

Lisa shrugged automatically as if she was waiting for Lindsey to beg for her help. "Okay. What are we going to do about it?"

" I think the real question is, why am I still here?", Kevin got up and grabbed his stuff.

Lindsey gaffed at him. "Where are you going?"

"There's a rave in the middle of the desert tonight. I'm going to drive. My friend sent me the location. It's supposed to be like so lit, dude!", Kevin said excitedly.

" Yeah, no. You are staying here. Helping us with our project", Lindsey stated.

"Why don't we all go? Please this is supposed to be like the party of the century! And I am not missing it because you all want to create a project about freaking, uh, war or whatever", he begged Lindsey like she was his mom.

"Do you want some wine with that cheese?", Lisa jeered.

"Do you want some comebacks that aren't outdated?", Lindsey said under her breath.

"Aye, shut it! I'll be able to even tolerate you if we go please!! You will all love it!", he said.

Lindsey looked at Chen and Lisa. "Do you want to go?", she said as she curled her dark blonde hair.

Chen surprisingly nodded. Lisa hadn't been to a rave. She wondered what it was. She wasn't going to talk to them, she'd talk to other people.

"Sure."

"Alright. Everyone we're taking my car", Kevin said racing down the stairs. Even though the group decided to go along with Kevin, they all had an underlying feeling that this trip would end up going horribly wrong.