Chapter 3

Lisa sat uncomfortably next to Chen in the back of Kevin's busted green Jeep. Music was blasting in the car, the bass rocked the car windows and everyone's eardrums. Chen looked out the vibrating window, not really looking at anything. They were going to the outskirts of Nevada. The Strip had disappeared, and anything that resembled the fantastic city of Vegas was now a small dot the size of a star millions of miles away. This bothered them all, but Kevin was the only one who seemed unbothered.

"Kevin. We have been driving for an hour. Where is the rave?", Lindsey asked. Kevin was yelling rap lyrics and her voice had not carried over to Kevin's ears.

Lindsey rolled her eyes and turned down the radio. "Kevin!"

He looked at her somewhat annoyed. "What!?", he turned the radio back up to 18.

Lindsey turned it back to an 8. "Where are we?! It's like 8, and we kinda have school tomorrow! And we have parents! And we don't know how theirs will react if we drop them back at freaking 1 in the morning!", Lindsey yelled.

Kevin snickered. "Do you want some cheese with that whine?".

Lindsey hit his head unexpectedly, and the car swerved.

"Jesus! Watch it!", Lisa yelled at Lindsey. Lindsey looked in the right mirror and locked eyes with Lisa and glared. Chen cleaned his glasses again for the third time, and continued to stare out of the window.

"Linds, look. I didn't necessarily get them from a friend", Kevin said.

"What?"

"I didn't get them from a friend"-

"Got that info dumbass. Why didn't you tell us earlier?"

"Because"-

"And who is that so called friend?"

Kevin sighed. Kevin was starting to get annoyed by Lindsey's interrogating.

"I was in the Strip, and I overheard a conversation on the phone"-

Are you kidding me Kevin?! If people want to go to parties they ask for directions, not coordinates! We're not in the military", she huffed. Lisa intervened in the conversation. "Those types of parties can get pretty crazy. Maybe it isn't that big of a surprise that they gave out coordinates so it would be harder to track down".

"What the hell happens at these things that require coordinates? Drugs? Gangs? Oh god", Lindsey rubbed her temples.

"You know, it isn't that big of a deal", Lisa said silently.

Lindsey unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned over the seat, her face in Lisa's.

"So you're not at all afraid at the fact that Kevin overheard a private conversation about how there was a so called 'party' or 'rave' happening around this specific location dead beat in the middle of bum ass nowhere, and sent coordinates?!", Lindsey's eyes were darting back and forth and Lisa tried to avert them.

"Calm down you maniac! Get out of my face! You are so paranoid and you seemed totally fine an hour and a half ago when he asked! ", Lisa yelled back.

"Why the hell isn't Chen saying anything?! He hasn't said a word the entirety of this car trip. In fact, I haven't heard him speak at all! I couldn't tell you what his voice sounded like even if I was strapped to a chair that would drop me out of the sky without a parachute!", Lindsey jarred. Chen looked at her with surprise in his face.

"Chill out Lindsey!", Kevin complained. Lindsey around her.

Lindsey stopped talking. She looked around her briefly. She took a sharp inhale, and sighed it out. She gingerly slid back into her seat, and put on her seatbelt. She looked out the window silently. Her eyes still darted around rapidly, as if she was taking in everything around her.