chapter...um..why do I never remember

A/n: OMG!!! 70 reads?!!! I can't believe this!! Thank you guys so much for reading this really poorly written book so far!! I honestly never expected to have more than two people read this! Thank you guys so much!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Evans pov
Oh my fern. I was going to be in so much trouble, and Connor will be dragged into it because of me! Who knows what mom will think?! Like if you see two people in one bed, and they're not sleeping, and one of them is hiding, what would you think they've been doing?! Even though that obviously wasn't the case, it could seem that way! I knew I shouldn't have asked him to stay. That was so selfish of me, and I-

Someone squeezed my hand. "Evan, don't cry, it'll be alright. You got this," Connor whispered.

I gingerly touched my cheek. It was wet. I didn't even know I was crying.

"Evan?" Mom asked.

I took a shaky breath and I prepared for the worst. I squeaked, "U-um I-"

"I'm disappointed in you, Evan." Mom sighed, shaking her head.

I knew it. I knew it. Of course she'd be disappointed in me. This was when the tears started pouring down my face. Her son, coming home, keeping secrets from her. She trusted him. And there he goes, ruining that trust.

Suddenly, Mom hugged me. "Honey, I didn't mean it that way! I was just disappointed you didn't tell me you made a friend!" She started wiping my tears away as I calmed down.

"I'm sorry," I cried.

"No, sweetie, it's fine, it's not your fault, it was mine."

"Uh, hi." Connor interrupted, popping out of the covers.

Mom saw Connor and smiled at me before turning back to him. "Hi! I'm Evan's mom, Heidi. And I take it that you're Evan's friend?" She questioned.

Connor nodded. "Yes, um.. ma'am. I'm Connor."

Mom smiled. "Oh no, just call me Heidi."

Connor nodded.

Then Mom paused before asking, "What exactly were you guys doing?'

I blanched. "U-um we were...we-"

"We were telling flashlight scary stories," Connor lied smoothly.

Mom raised an eyebrow. "Horror stories? Evan hates those."

"I-it depends," I said. "The not so scary ones are ok."

Mom nodded slowly. "Alright," she said, "well Connor, it's 11 pm and it's quite late. You should go back to your house before your parents start to worry," she suggested.

Connor gave a dry laugh. "My parents won't worry. I'll be lucky if they even notice I was gone," he muttered, turning his back against us.

I didn't like this. Connor deserves to smile. He has one of the best smiles I've ever seen! His parents are awful! How could they just.... forget him?!

"Mom, can we have a sleepover?" I asked.

Connor turned around, looking really hopeful.

Mom noticed his face. "Fine," she agreed, "but let your parents know, Connor." Then she left the room.

Connor nodded eagerly. "I will."
He whipped out his phone and texted someone.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Connor's pov
I texted Zoe.

Cthemessimake: hey person who shares my parents

Jazzisnotdying.zm: the heck u want

Cthemessimake: tell the adults Im sleeping over at my friends house

Jazzisnotdying.zm: ok but just saying  u have no friends wtf connor u lie

Cthemessimake: I swear I'm not and yes I have friend

Jazzisnotdying.zm: just keep telling urself that and you might believe it

Jazzisnotdying.zm: and even if u do have a friend... it's A friend... and he'll probably ditch u lol

Cthemessimake: duck u

Cthemessimake: *f

Jazzisnotdying.zm: lol even autocorrect hates u

Cthemessimake: u b-tch

Jazzisnotdying.zm: lol u deserve it

I turned off my phone angrily.

Evan looked at me, worried. "S-so.. Um.. I take it that... you can't stay?"

I shrugged. "I told Zoe to tell my parents, but I dunno if she did."

Evan looked down. "Oh."

I frowned at the sight of his displeasure. "Hey Evan, I probably can stay anyways!" I said cheerfully, hooking an arm around his neck.

He turned and smiled at me with those beautiful eyes. "Really?!"

Ohhhhhh crap. I could feel myself blushing. I looked away to hide my face. "Y-y-yeah". Man, I even messed that up.

Evan giggled. He GIGGLED. And so  my heart skipped a beat and I slammed my face into the pillow.

"Connor!" Evan screamed. "Are you okay?!!!"

I groaned. "My heart. It's. AGHHH I CAN'T!" I slammed my face into the pillow once more.

The next thing I knew, Evan was next to me with his mom.

"Mom, I think something's adding with Connor! He.. he.. he just keeps slamming his face into the pillow!"

I peeked over the pillow. Evan's mom was pretty concerned. "Do you know why?"

Evan shook his head. "No, but please help him!"

I snorted. "Geez Evan, I'm not dying."

Evan shot me a worried look."But then why-?"

"It's called relaxing," I blurted. What?!
Heidi casts me a disbelieving face before handing me a of extra clothes to change into, some blanket, and toothbrush and toothpaste. "Decide who gets the bed, and no, you two will fall off the bed if you share." Then she leaves after saying, "tell me if you need anything else!"

"Well, I'll go take a shower," I said. What else can I do? And besides, I've got clean clothes.

Evan nods. "Well, uh... see you...soon!

I smile to myself before heading to the bathroom.