Chapter 26

A/n: alright, you guys voted for happy ending, so.... It'll be a happy ending! Of course, there's got to be some angst still, so I'll just do that!

So originally, I had an angsty "ending" in mind, but I knew I'd make a sequel if that happened. That's why I decided to make a vote! Apparently, TreeBros_Lams had the EXACT SAME IDEA so I was like "hey, maybe I should actually do that!!"

So even though it might seem angsty for a while, it'll be a happy ending!! (Because I will cry if I kill one of them off haha)

And also, THIS BOOK HAS REACHED #1 TREEBROS!! THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!! I love all you guys so much, and you might not believe it, but I really, really do.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

"Wait, sorry, but do I know you?"

Zoe's POV:

Evan's smile shatters.

My eyes widen at Connor's question. 

Is he serious?!

Tears pool in Evan's eyes.  "I... Connor,  I'm..." His tears overflow and he wipes them with his sleeve. "Sorry,  I just-... I have to leave, sorry, " he mumbles,  rushing out the door.

"Who was he, anyways?" Connor asks,  looking at me.

"Don't you remember him?"

Connor frowns. "I... kind of.  I feel like I know him,  but... I just don't."

My eyebrows furrow.  "Wait, do you know who I am?"

Connor nods.  "Yeah, you're Zoe, my sister."

"Tell me everything you remember, " I order.

Connor tells me what he remembers.

He almost remembers everything.  Everything, except Evan.

"I think Evan's the only thing you don't remember," I sigh.

Connor shrugs.  "Ok, so?"

My eyes blaze with rage. "What do you mean, so? Do you not care about him?! Are you fine with him being heartbroken about you not remembering him?!"

Connor's face contorts with anger as well.  "For f*cks sake, Zoe! I'm trying! He's important, and I know it!"

My face softens. "Sorry. He's just.. really upset that you don't remember him,  and I thought you didn't care."

Connor remains silent, glaring at me.

I press my lips together before handing Connor the phone, with the video on it.

He eyes the phone.  "What's this?"

"It'll explain you and Evan. "

"Oh." He taps the video.

I leave the room, letting him be alone.

Connor's POV:

This boy... Evan, I think his name was. Well anyways, in the video,  he was reading a book to me.

He seemed so happy, and you could almost feel his happiness from the phone.

And when he cried, thinking I wouldn't wake up, it made my heart ache. I knew I didn't want him to be sad.

But why?

I groaned in frustration, ruffling my hair. 

And out of the corner of my eye, I saw him kiss my forehead.