Chapter 24

Evan's POV
Over a week has passed since I last visited Connor. I had gotten my cast of Tuesday. Now it's Friday.

I blamed him for my mistake, which he had nothing to do with. Figs, he didn't even know me at that time.

These feelings of guilt definitely affected me. My grades started to slip slightly, and instead of going to the park where I usually went right after school, I just walked home.

Most of my time was spent agonizing whether I should go back and apologize to Connor. But what if he doesn't want to see me? It would make sense, because... Who would want to be my friend after all that?

"Evan?" A voice interrupted.

I look up. "Ah, yes?"

"The bell rang a while ago," Ms. Canigula informed.

"Oh, um, thank you for... yeah!" I hastily slip my notebook and pencil case in my backpack.

"Are you alright?" She asks.

"What?"

"Are you ok? You've been in a daze this week. Other teachers have noticed too."

I feel my stomach sinking. "Oh...I... Um....."

"You know you can tell us anything," she says.

"Actually, I'm doing...I'm fine," I smile, leaving the room. "Thank you, though."

I run to my next class, praying I wouldn't be late.

I come in as soon as the bell rang.

"Dude, you almost were late!" Jared gasps.

"I've actually... I've done this before," I admit.

Jared shakes his head. "No, you've been almost late for this whole week. Yours always in the class at least two minutes before the bell."

I don't reply.

°°°time skip like... until school ends brought to you by... the Home Depot®. More saving, more doing. That's the power of the Home Depot°°° (not sponsored lol)

I walk out of the school doors, heading home.

I was nearly at my house when I realized that Jared had been following me with his car. He gets out, locks it, and waves to me.

Jared runs up. "Hey! Why haven't you visited your boyf yet?"

I feel tears threatening to spill. "I... I don't think we're... dating anymore." My voice cracks at the last word.

Jared's smile quickly dissolves into concern. "What happened?"

"I said...," I wipe my tears, "I blamed him for... My mistake, and he... It wasn't even his fault!"

"Evan, can you tell me the whole thing?If you want," he adds.

I take a breath. "So, you ... do you... you know I broke my arm, right?"

Jared nods.

"You... you do know how, right?"

"Jerking-"

"Jared, seriously."

"Sorry. You fell off a tree, I think."

I hold my breath as I say, "well ... I.
Not really."

Jared seems confused. "But you fell off a tree over 40ft, didn't you? You told me."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇■■■■■■■■◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇