Chapter..... 18?

Evan's POV
School ended for the day, and I step outside, waiting for Jared to pull up with his car.

Three figures catch my eyes, causing my heart rate to spike.

Not again. What did I do this time?

They start heading towards me and I urge my legs to move.

Soon enough, I'm sprinting and there's a person running after me.

"Hey Evan!" One of them sneers behind me, "what are you running for?"

Spruce, I've got to go faster.

"What a coward," laughs another.

My knees wobble and my legs feel numb, but I keep running.

A sharp, stabbing pain appears in my left waist side, causing me to clench my waist tightly.

Perfect. A side stitch.

Then a handful of my hair is grabbed and forcibly pulled back, making me stop in my tracks.

"Caught you!" The tall one growls.

My heart is banging in my chest like a rabbit being shot at. I'm sweating profusely, but I manage a weak, "p-please, I- please let me go."

"Let you go?" The average height one barks, "You wish!"

I sink. "Please... Please don't- don't hurt me!" I whimper.

"Don't hurt you," the shorter one scoffs, "oh we won't."

Hope rises in my chest. "Really?"

"It's called lying, dumba*s! Learn your lesson! Have we ever not beat you up?"

I flinch. No no no, please not again. "I-"

A fist slams into my cheek, making me bite my tongue and stumble to another guy.

A metallic taste resides in my mouth.

"Ew, get off me!" The person I crashed into shoves me to the ground, and I scrape my knees. He laughs.

My back collapses as someone kicks me off my knees and I lay flat on the ground.

Jared, please come soon.

"Oh sh*t, I think I saw a teacher," One of them hisses.

They scatter, leaving me in a bruised and bloodied mess.

I keep laying there for a bit and then I see Jared's car pull up to the school.

"Oh my gosh, Evan!" Jared cries, running up to me and helping me up. " You OK?"

I nod. "Yeah," I croak.

Jared shakes his head. "No you're not, Evan," he sighs, "let's go to the hospital and check on your future boyfriend and they'll probably patch you up there."

"Yeah," I agree.

We step into the car and drive to the hospital.

Connor's POV
I sigh. It was terrible, I know, but I had gotten bored of watching YouTube videos, and the hospital didn't have Netflix either.

I just worked on my homework. For fun.

It's one thing when you do your homework, but a completely other thing if you do it for fun. That's how bored I am.

I had taken a shower earlier and was too lazy to get fully dressed so I just had an oversized shirt and some boxers on. My hair was also half wet as well.