Opening.

"Well?" A rather impatient man asked whilst sat at his large black desk and the entire image that he had presented demanded power. "Very well, I do not have a clue. I do not need food, water, the toilet, all I need is a lot of sleep and all that happens to me is my finger nails grow and so does my hair." Severus had a tough time taking it all in. "You mean that you haven't eaten or drank for how long you have been in there?" Her honey locks moved with agreement that made her words begin to sink in. "Why are you wearing so little?" His question didn't aim to hurt and she knew that and so she pushed her emotions away. "I do not have a clue. I was wearing my uniform then when I woke up, he seemed to put me to sleep or something, I was wearing this." There was a deadly silence but before another question could be asked Grace spoke. "Why? Like what you see?" It was clearly a joke but Severus angrily bit back "quite the opposite." Her blue eyes seemed to almost match the white that surrounded them but hurt still splashed in them.

"Do you have family?" He wanted to move on, he could then tell Minerva he had gotten to know her. "Yes, a brother and sister-in-law. They were hoping to have a child, I suppose that they have by now." Snape was not bothered in the slightest but wanted to know her age desperately just to see how long she could survive with no sustenance. "Is, is he-who-shall-not-be-named dead yet?" There was fear flecked readily in her voice as she spoke her concerns. "Yes, when did you go missing?" Her shoulders raised in utter ignorance. "Forgot the year. All I know was he was rising in power but the ministry kept denying it." Severus thought back to the newspaper articles of Albus and Harry being insane. To the return of the dark lord. A light bulb went off quickly. "That doesn't add up. I would remember you if that were true." His voice was pompous and arrogant.

"Are you a Slytherin?" Snape nodded then looked at her impatiently waiting for a reply. "You were not teaching here with me as a student. I would remember you." Snape felt a hint of cheer as she accidentally complimented him. "Well, I have been teaching here for quite a few years now." Something just wasn't adding up. "What do or did you teach?" His black clothes seemed to rise as the pride filled him. "I was the potion master for a number of years until Horace came along. By that time I was and am the defence against the dark arts professor." The almost white eyes thinned in confusion. "No, Slughorn has been teaching here too long for that. Besides, you can't. Slughorn taught me and in my final year my parents taught defence. Of course the post is cursed, life is short I suppose." Still Severus couldn't put it all together. The girl was telling him that two and two made thirty. "Something doesn't add up. The Dark Lord's return fits but not much else." Confusion fluttered across her face. "Return?" Severus nodded with wide eyes.

"He didn't return did he? I mean I have been gone for a while but still, where did he go?" Finally Severus could put it all together. "Could I speak to Dumbledore?" Severus stilled and shook his head. "A lot has happened since you left. The great man is gone." There was clearly miserable emotions around the subject so Grace dropped it. "Do you know how long I have been gone for then?" Severus nodded vaguely. "One second. Mr and Mrs Brown both taught in your last year, yes?" Her golden hair moved in agreement. "Well, according to this book, past teachers, you would have been 18 in 1981. We attended school together. I had left in 78." Her face looked at him expecting more. "You would be, when is your birthday?" It took a moment of thought but she responded. "8th of June." He nodded and responded "you just turned 35 a matter of about two or so months ago." Wide blue eyes opened greatly. "I am 35? No, I had a future." Her body did not seem to want to move but her mind forced it to.

Small light pitter patters of steps made their away and then towards Snape. "What is the use?" She asked dangerously as her wand was held gently. "You are not going to." The wooden stick was raised to her head and the word began "av..." she stopped as a startling shout erupted. "NO!" Her shaking hands fell but still clung on. "Give it time. Someone will figure out how to free you." His gruff voice was angry but she feared that it was more of her choice of spell than what her intentions were. "But, this cell. I have nothing. My parents are dead, what about my brother? Jack Brown." He stopped for a second and with a heavy heart responded. "We will discuss it when you are less suicidal." It was curt and he hoped to stop the conversation there. "I promise not to kill myself whilst in here." He nodded and spoke.

"Whilst you were gone, the Dark Lord fell from power then regained it. Many people suffered. Mr and Mrs Brown, they were some of the first unfortunately. They did have a child. A Miss Lavender Brown, boy obsessed and away with the fairies, unless you crossed her. Anyway, she too passed during the second war. Now, sleep." The shocked girl did just that and fell asleep on the freezing floor just below her, the entrance was by her as her right hand was placed against the imaginary boarder that stopped her from leaving. That night her mind flooded with images of her parents and the two she called a brother and almost sister. When consciousness met her so did a soaking wet floor below her frame.