Since When?

Since when did we stop communicating with other people face-to-face?

Since when did we become so scared of shaking hands with others?

Since when did we stop talking to random people when we're in public transport?

Since when did mobile phones and other gadgets take over our social lives?

Since when did receiving likes, reactions and retweets determine who we are?

Since when did we tell our secrets to strangers but not to our families?

Since when did we struggle for acceptance?

Since when did our lips become tightly sealed to say the truth?

     … our eyes become shut to see the reality?

     … our ears become blocked to hear honesty?

Since when did we start believing in fallacies and fake news?

Since when did we continue desiring for many things in life without giving even the smallest portion from our side?

Since when did posting all our photos and videos became a justification of our daily lives?

Since when did we express warmth to our loved ones without the need to share it to the public?

Since when did we start waiting for other people to make the first move to do the right thing before we take action? Be it about cyberbullying or violence?

Since when did we start voicing our opinions only when someone goes first? Or even saying hateful speech that ruins a person's self-esteem?

Since when did we stop caring about other people? Or better yet, since when did we start living from what other people tells us?

Since when did the older generation become resentful and opinionated of the new generation’s lifestyle? Or since when did the new generation become ignorant and selfish of the old generation’s ways?

Since when did judging other people become so easy to do?

Since when did we start trying to be someone else? That even the unrealistic beauty standards become a norm. And that we need to become ‘them’ to be ‘us’.

Since when did we keep looking down on both people and ourselves?

Since when did we stop looking at someone straight to their eyes? Was it when we chose to look only on our mobile phones and gadgets?

Since when did we desire change in the community but fear to change ourselves?

Since when did we become disconnected from the people close to us?

Ah, I really wonder.

Was it when we actually wanted to be connected?

#makeITsafePH