23 | insistence

یہ جو کھلی کھلی تھی عداوتیں مجھے راس تھیں
یہ جو زہر خند سلام تھے مجھے کھا گئے

Thursday - 9:45pm

"What the hell are you doing here?" She hissed, her eyes narrowing as his widened fractionally at her tone but Hemayal already knew how good he was at composing himself and for the second time in a span of few minutes, she regretted opening her mouth before thinking.

No, she wouldn't show Ibrahim Yazdani the wrath and fury in her as yet, no. She has to choose her words with care, giving him the same indifferent attitude that she pulled out less than two weeks ago.

"I came to see you." He said, no hint of previous surprise anywhere in his tone.

God, he was good.

"May I ask why?" Hemayal replied as her eyes narrowed much more if it was even possible, the faint gleam of streetlights striking his face as she looked at him calmly, enunciating every single feature of his with aristocracy at it did.

God, he was a fine specimen.

"Yes, you can, actually but I don't think my answer will bring you much joy." He replied, serenity coming to settle on him as she saw his shoulders sag and frame leaning against her car ever so lightly.

"I don't doubt that," Hemayal snapped before she could control herself, somehow his easy attitude sprinkling fuel to the already scorching fire in her heart. "Have you been following me?"

Hemayal said, gazing at him disbelievingly and saw as a smile lifted his lips before a small chuckle left him, filling the faint darkness of the parking lot around them with warmth. To Hemayal, however, it only added embarrassment and anger.

He was laughing at her?

"I know I'm pretty obsessed with you right now but even I wouldn't do that, Hemayal." Ibrahim replied, the chuckle reduced to a grin as he regarded her with renowned interest, pronouncing her name with such ease and leisure that it sounded strange to her ears.

I know I'm pretty obsessed with you...

His words replayed in her mind and sent impulses running to her heart, brining all those parts of it that had died in the process of loving him slowly back to life and she gulped. She had spent a good few years of life wanting to hear him say these words and now that he did...

NO.

She quickly shook her mind of all the rubbish, ridding it until nothing remained behind but hollow agony and memories of endless sufferings. He is just playing with your head, Hemayal reminded herself with renowned determination, refusing to be a woman who could be brought down by mere words.

"But I can't be too sure now, can I? After all, I got a taste of your obsession single handedly." Hemayal replied instead, choosing her words with care this time and watched with sheer ecstasy as that annoying smile slipped from his face and he straightened slightly in his place.

"I-I didn't follow you here. I came with a friend a little while after you and Danyal came." Ibrahim replied, looking slightly uncomfortable after her taunting words and Hemayal only shrugged her shoulders.

"That's good to hear." She only replied with a cool glare in his direction before turning slightly and opening the car door, a clear indication that she was done with the conversation but before she could even take a step forward, a hand pushed the door and it closed with a harsh sound.

"We need to talk." Ibrahim said solemnly, all traces of humor and ease gone from his voice as he regarded her with desperation and hurt.

"Honestly, Mr. Yazdani, I'm done with people telling me that," Hemayal punctured her tone with as much calmness as she possibly could but the cracks were evident as she felt her temper flaring. "And while we're on that topic, think a hundred times before you send your brother to me next time to justify your actions and act as your lawyer."